Skip to content

Happy 2nd Anniversary, vgmrips!

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

Happy 2nd Anniversary, vgmrips!

Post by Oerg866 »

Hi,

Tom's post was way too moody, so I'll make one instead.

Well, you may not have noticed it, but it is really true: Two years have passed since vgmrips has been founded. Back then it was just another thing on my server getting hardly any bandwidth use. Now, vgmrips is the most valuable part of mdscene and the main thing taking up bandwidth -- And that's for good. It's amazing what ValleyBell (And early on, Tom) and all the contributors have done with this place.

It is amazing how little difficulties there have been on a personal level. No drama, no censorship, good atmosphere, very functional, no incompetence. I believe this has been very successful, simply because even though you don't have to register to leech anything here, lots of people decided to do so, and contributed a lot of content -- awesome! It is here, where the vgm format that is well accepted all over the place is developed and brought forward. The active environment here, is what has spawned many great things, ideas, software, discussion. The collective ethic here, is what brings people to contribute every last detail they can to help others. It's astonishing!

And some personal words: Had it not been for this forum, I would never have gotten any motivation to actively work on the backbone of all of this, the mdscene server. It has been neglected in the past, as it was very much unimportant. And it showed! Now I have had good reason to spend a large amount of my already very low financial means on making this server more stable and better equipped. All those nasty downtimes due to completely incomprehensible reasons had to go! And that is the downside of hosting a server yourself within your own four walls: It's bound to be more failure prone than a sophisticated datacenter. But this has proven to be a rather nice challenge: Delivering the best quality without having to dump lots of money in external hosting. It is amazing that you have stuck with me for so long - even through all the annoying downtimes, and this goes without saying: Thanks!

Anyway, on behalf of all vgmrips staff, and personally, I'd like to wish you guys all the best for the near and distant future. Beep on!

Cheers,
Eric

And remember: We're just getting started :)

Post by Kaminari »

Congrats, and thanks for all the rips :)
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Congrats indeed! I visit regularly to check for updates, very excited about seeing more and more games ripped and systems supported.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

After how dead SMS Power and Project2612 have been for years, it's kinda surprising how this site has this much activity, especially when many of the games/sets are extremely obscure and the only people likely to listen to them are the members already on this site :P

so many more potential games to be ripped too. :D
  • MaliceX Offline

Post by MaliceX »

dissident93 wrote:After how dead SMS Power and Project2612 have been for years, it's kinda surprising how this site has this much activity, especially when many of the games/sets are extremely obscure and the only people likely to listen to them are the members already on this site :P

so many more potential games to be ripped too. :D
Never has it been easier to share obscure game soundtracks. :P
-dj.tuBIG/MaliceX
  • Megadrive Offline

Congratulations

Post by Megadrive »

Congratulations & thank you very much for all these rips mates!