Skip to content

Creating a podcast

with VGM music

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

Creating a podcast

Post by vampirefrog »

Hi guys. I think it would be a good idea to create a podcast. It could be weekly, monthly or whatever, and hosted by someone. The hard part is finding the cool songs in our library of over 1000 packs. There are over 16k songs. The solution that I came up with is to have people suggest songs, and for each ~1 hour of accumulated song play, create a new podcast. People will keep suggesting songs, and we'll have hours and hours of good songs, to make subsequent podcasts. Then, someone picks the final song list and does the voice, and with some editing we have a podcast. Each show can be themed or just random. i prefer to have a theme for each show, but whatever.

Some examples:

PC Engine City Podcast
Wibble, a podcast which I can't find anywhere else, so I uploaded my copies here.

Post more examples and your thoughts.

Re: Creating a podcast

Post by vampirefrog »

Re: Creating a podcast

Post by vampirefrog »

there are varying degrees of 'chiptune'
some are rips from games
some are homebrew music using the original hardware
some are remixes of games music
and finally there are songs with the 'retro feel' but with modern day instruments/synths
there is also CD music from the games, not really using the chip hardware
so podcasts feature music from any combination of those categories
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

You probably know, I did one, ages ago, for the ½-anniversary of this website. Sadly, there were only 4 listeners. I do like the idea, though. I just never noticed this topic before since I kinda left the site.
Also known as nineko.
  • bmos Offline

Post by bmos »

Old thread. But done. http://www.pixelatedaudio.com

Oh and I invite all my vgmrips brethren to join in on an episode. Even pick your favorite OST and we will do a feature on it (with you if you want!)