vgmrips

The forum about vgm files
It is currently 2018-01-22, 16:12:57

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2017-12-25, 0:06:21 

Hi,
I'm kind of new at this PCM sample ripping stuff, and I am having a problem with ripping some samples I want ripped from a ROM. For some ROMS I can properly extract samples using an audio editor and conversion tools. But I have an issue with two ROMs (both use a different sample table format).
Specifically, I have found what I believe to be a sample table, but I am not sure how to extract the actual PCM data properly from the ROM.
I have figured out the encoding of the PCM data, but can't figure out how to properly extract the samples. The start/end time for each sample is very confusing, which is really why I need help with this. I tried asking on NESdev about a week ago, but so far have gotten 0 responses. So I figured asking over here might be worth a shot, considering probably some of you have done this kind of stuff before, right?
I have attached (what I believe to be) the sample tables followed by the sample data for the two ROMS (for GBC), but I am having trouble actually figuring out what the tables exactly mean, as said before.
Could someone please help me with this? I've been dying to get this data extracted for a long time now, especially for later use.

Attachments:
Possible sample tables with PCM data.zip [910.59 KiB]
Downloaded 3 times