Skip to content

How do you rip PCM data from a sample table?

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

How do you rip PCM data from a sample table?

Post by birdmanager6 »

Hi,
I'm kind of new at this PCM sample ripping stuff, and I am having a problem with ripping some samples I want ripped from a ROM. For some ROMS I can properly extract samples using an audio editor and conversion tools. But I have an issue with two ROMs (both use a different sample table format).
Specifically, I have found what I believe to be a sample table, but I am not sure how to extract the actual PCM data properly from the ROM.
I have figured out the encoding of the PCM data, but can't figure out how to properly extract the samples. The start/end time for each sample is very confusing, which is really why I need help with this. I tried asking on NESdev about a week ago, but so far have gotten 0 responses. So I figured asking over here might be worth a shot, considering probably some of you have done this kind of stuff before, right?
I have attached (what I believe to be) the sample tables followed by the sample data for the two ROMS (for GBC), but I am having trouble actually figuring out what the tables exactly mean, as said before.
Could someone please help me with this? I've been dying to get this data extracted for a long time now, especially for later use.
Attachments
Possible sample tables with PCM data.zip
(910.59 KiB) Downloaded 327 times

Post by birdmanager6 »

I guess I can just forget it, then.
  • Mike77154 Offline

Post by Mike77154 »

Hello friend, maybe if you explain if you will use the pcm for making a VGM or a soundfont, maybe I can say you useful thing

I work on the DAW things and soundfonts, but i never make a VGM file

admin edit: removed fullquote