Skip to content

MIDI utility/editor to check and limit channel polyphony

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

• VGMfreak Offline

MIDI utility/editor to check and limit channel polyphony

Post by VGMfreak »

Hi all,
I am working on reducing the channels' polyphony of some MIDIs (e.g. from 4-note to 2-note) and was trying out the Nokia Sound Converter program from the 2004 Nokia PC Suite. Despite using the program's advanced mode to select the polyphony limit per channel, the channels in the resultant output MIDI file always retained their original polyphony limit.
Is there another MIDI utility or editor that can check and limit channel polyphony? Thanks in advance.
  • SeregaZ Offline

Post by SeregaZ »

i am a little late with my comment... but do your own converter :) for my case i am split any chords to 2 different tracks and ignore any 3 and 4 notes. every note have some start time and end time. you need to check it and kick out another notes.

problem is - by this method you cant make select - wich one notes from chords you want to get. it will be first notes in a time. no matter it is top note in a chord, or bottom note or middle... that is why 2notes chords, after that split, can play not realy fine. that is why i reccomend cut chords by manualy with some midi editors :)