Skip to content

Other MIDI editors

Split from Tom's topic

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

• neologix Offline

Other MIDI editors

Post by neologix »

MaliceX wrote:...WinJammer Pro...
OH MY GOD I HATED THAT PROGRAM. it ruined so many midi files and kept BSOD-ing me back in the day.

MOD edit: topic split by Tom.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I use WinJammer Shareware 3.0, because the Pro version didn't want to install under Win7x64.
With "use", I mean looking at MIDI files, not editing and saving them.

I'm still dreaming of remaking Midi Orchestrator Plus ...
(I need to use it via WinXP Mode, because it's a 16-bit app, but it has the best piano roll and event editor I've ever seen.)
  • MaliceX Offline

Post by MaliceX »

ValleyBell: Pro version can be got here no frills attached. I know for a fact it works in Win7 x64. (Author stopped selling it for a long time now, too bad archive.org didn't catch his goodbye message) http://djtbmx.stdrand.com/DLs/WJinstaller.exe I remember MIDI Orchestrator. Had to remember that using embedded text in the MIDI ends up crashing other MIDI applications attempting to open it. :D (Wasn't there a 32-bit version?)

neologix: The last BSOD I had with this had to do with either the Shareware version under Win98SE (white-box errors ftw) or GYM2MID logs with excessive NRPN commands. :V (Though yeah, I distinctly recall "losing" notes on consecutive saves after running it for a long time, or weird resizing glitches though they rarely happened for me)
Last edited by MaliceX on 2012-10-18, 3:04:24, edited 6 times in total.
-dj.tuBIG/MaliceX