vgmrips

The forum about vgm files
It is currently 2018-10-18, 10:09:01

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2015-09-30, 20:53:08 

Programmers Programmers
Contributors Contributors

I changed how much packs a page will load, and then vgmrips.net started to look like a 1998 website. (only white background and blue text)
This pushed me to search how the preferences page was coded. I found 2 bugs.

BUG 1:
Steps to reproduce it:
* Go to preferences.
* You will see that for a seconds a "[[t]]" will be displayed on the combobox of the themes.
* If you have a slow connection or you stop the page in order to press save before the [[t]] changes to the actual list -> the skin will be wrongly loaded destroying the website.

Solutions:
* Change the default value of the list "[[t]]" to a known working theme, for example, "darkly".
* Check serverside if the requested skin already exists, if doesn't, don't do anything.

BUG 2:
The limit of page load count is 200, however, that limit is only a client side restriction. I changed the line:
Packs per page: <input class="form-control" id="packs-per-page" name="preferences[packs-per-page]" type="number" min="1" max="200" value="200">
to
Packs per page: <input class="form-control" id="packs-per-page" name="preferences[packs-per-page]" type="number" min="1" max="9999" value="9999">
And the site didn't complain and actually changed the value, I can now see, for example, all 631 uploads of Sonic of 8 in a single request.

Solution:
* Check serverside if the value is actually <=200.

Delek's YouTube Channel

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2015-10-01, 21:36:08 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Contributors Contributors
Ball Fondlers Ball Fondlers

Thanks for reporting, I've done some fixes. The preferences page now only displays when fully rendered (it uses angular.js), via ng-cloak. Also I've limited some settings server-side.

If you like this post, give it a big thumbs up and hit that subscribe button down below! And as always, thanks for reading, and see you next post.