Skip to content

Problem with vgmrips mail server

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Problem with vgmrips mail server

Post by Tom »

Hello all,

our mail server is currently experiencing some technical difficulties, and all the emails which were supposed to be sent from the forum system in the past days (weeks?) haven't been delivered. Unfortunately, this hasn't been noticed until today, partially because of an oversight from me (I noticed a malfunction last week, but I dismissed it as "not important").

Oerg is working on this issue as of now, but we have no idea of when the mail server is going to work again because it doesn't depend on us.

During this time, if you're expected to receive email notifications for Private Messages, or topics you're subscribed to, please note that you won't. We apologise for the inconvenience and there is no need to report it (nobody reported it until now, anyway, even though some of the intended addressees were regular members such as tails_, neologix, or dissident93).

If you try to register an account and you don't receive the confirmation email (because you won't), please contact us at our alternate email address, which is vgmrips@yahoo.com, that one is still functional. Fine print: spam there and I'll personally ban your entire IP block.

Thanks.
Also known as nineko.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Follow up of the above issue.

The official vgmrips mail server is still nonfunctional, so ValleyBell and I tried to set it up to use our fallback yahoo account instead. It works to an extent, but several error messages are still to be expected. The recommendations in the post above still apply: ignore any error message about private message notifications or topics you subscribed to, but contact us if you tried to register an account and you didn't receive the confirmation email.

We all hope that Oerg can get this fixed with his ISP.

Thanks for your understanding.
Also known as nineko.