Skip to content

Suggestion: Attaching to Forum Posts

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Jacko Offline

Suggestion: Attaching to Forum Posts

Post by Jacko »

Hi Guys,

Just thinking it may be a good idea to allow post attachments in the home brew forum. For those people who don't have webspace and don't really want to use mediafile it may be a worthwhile addition to the forum. Even if you restrict the MIME types to the VGM type ones then you will easily be able to keep the size small and restrict bandwidth.

Thanks,
Scott
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

I'm not a fan of attachments, which is why I didn't add support for them (it's not as easy as you imply, there's no switch or setting to turn on, it's a whole modification that has to be installed). Sure I can do that, but I'd prefer to keep it in this way for at least a couple of reasons. I even warned people on smspower:
Tom wrote:I'm also not sure if I would be the best one to maintain this website, as I would design it in a certain way with the forum in mind, and maybe some people would disagree with me (for example I don't believe in attachments so the submission process would be different)
I didn't want to start this thing because I knew people would disagree with me, so I waited a few weeks on purpose claiming I was just procrastinating while I was actually secretly hoping someone else would step up. Nobody did, and many people somehow actually wanted me to do it. Very well, I take the decisions then.

HOWEVER if enough people think that attachments can be useful I MIGHT look into installing support for them.
Also known as nineko.
  • Jacko Offline

Post by Jacko »

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your opinoins. I have taken them onboard and I see all your reasons as fair.

Thanks agin for the wonderful site you guys have set up and I think give this forum some time it will be buzzing with activity.

Cheers,
Scott