Skip to content

Suggestion: Creation of a RSS Feed

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

Suggestion: Creation of a RSS Feed

Post by Sonic of 8! »

It may be seen that the forum has missing a RSS feed (SMS Power and Project2612 already has your owns). I think that much people don't uses RSS, but people that uses Mobile WAP Connection, like me, uses RSS. Where I live, most people subscribe RSS Sports feeds. But I use the SMS Power ones (project2612 is much outdated). So, is good idea to create one.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

See guys, this is a good suggestion, and it can be implemented easily enough, therefore I will probably add support for RSS feeds. Maybe not today, but I will look into this within a couple of days :)
Also known as nineko.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Just wanted to say that I didn't forget about this, but I couldn't look into it because of the recent server downtime. Hopefully I will get something done by the weekend.
Also known as nineko.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

With the day of implement, Opera Mini dislpays the RSS Channel at the top of page.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣

Post by Sonic of 8! »

Thanks for the RSS implement! Now I already has subscribed!
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

I'm still working on it. You might get some errors in the next minutes. You should unsubscribe and resubscribe once I'm done.
Also known as nineko.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Ok, the RSS feed should now be 100% up and working. You can get a feed of either:
  • all the latest posts of all the forum;
  • all the latest posts in a single forum section (e.g. "News and Updates");
  • all the latest posts in a single topic.
No you can't get a feed of all the latest posts in a category (e.g. "Important things").

By default only public posts are shown; if you want to get the RSS feed of a private subforum (such as Off-Topic or the Staff Lounge) you will be required to authenticate, however the RSS module will try to read your forum cookies first.

I'll keep this topic open so you can report any problems, should they arise. I already know of one, but it's quite minor so I don't think many people will notice it (besides, I can't fix it).
Also known as nineko.