Sound ChipsYM2151, OKIM6258
Tracks4
Playing time8:14
Pack authorvampirefrog
Pack version1.01
Last Update2014-08-15

• Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

this may break my "look at the game first", but that silly macron appears to be purely graphical. even the main site just uses a capital A iirc. can't find the main site anymore though lolololol

Post by Kaminari »

So it's ok to enforce "Full Metal Forth" (although it's an obvious phonetic mispelling which the Jap devs corrected themselves in later versions of the game), but not Zugyā (which doesn't even mean anything in Japanese) :?:

Post by vampirefrog »

Gentlemen, you're BOTH right. But I'll leave the macron just to test the fact that the importer understands utf-8.
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

after thinking about the actual problem some, that's actually a pretty good idea. someone should change the set to "ZugyĀ" (not ā) though.
Kaminari wrote:So it's ok to enforce "Full Metal Forth" (although it's an obvious phonetic mispelling which the Jap devs corrected themselves in later versions of the game), but not Zugyā (which doesn't even mean anything in Japanese) :?:
well, yes, as this isn't an inconsistency at all. a supposed "misspelling", regardless of the developers choosing to later beat it into your head that it's a misspelling (there is no such thing as common sense and it's hard to trust anyone about anything), is still a valid title if it is otherwise consistently used throughout this original work. print even outside the game can help a lot, though it is still inferior to what the game itself uses.

even doujin developers in japan have a high tendency to care about consistency for silly things like this, while most other countries have this sad tendency to not care about what they were initially doing and to not care about being inconsistent. there are tons of cases where us-released games have packaging with strange names that are nowhere in the game, yet people obsess over the box instead of the actual game they're supposedly playing.

for zugya, please note that after thinking about it some more, i find it's very reasonable to ask if the programmers simply didn't feel like fetching capital-A-with-macrons all the time for their little doujin game. thing is, as far as i can tell, the website doesn't use it, the readmes (of which i have none) probably don't use it, and the program itself doesn't seem to use it outside of the logo (i just checked ZugyA DX as well).

Post by 1983parrothead »

Composer name should be written as Shinoda Nobuhisa (I.C. KaZe).