ComposerYuji Takenouchi
SystemSharp X68000
Sound ChipsYM2151, OKIM6258
Tracks21
Playing time13:58
Pack authorDelek, tails_
Pack version2.05
Last Update2023-07-14

Last edited by Delek on 2016-05-02, 23:33:50, edited 1 time in total.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

There are a few missing tracks here, plus, as stated in the .txt file, track 7 in the pack is missing channels 7 and 8. I just figured I should mention that just in case these things can be resolved at some point.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Oh great, totally forgot about this soundtrack. Really good ~ hope any missing tunes can be sourced.
  • Delek Offline

Post by Delek »

Raijin wrote:There are a few missing tracks here
I didn't hear any other track in this game. But I would love to rip them all if there are more, the thing is that I barely know how to play the game and moving through the menus is ultra difficult (japanese only interface) Do you know how can I trigger the tracks you're saying or when they start?
Raijin wrote:plus, as stated in the .txt file, track 7 in the pack is missing channels 7 and 8.
Those channels are only doing "dodododododododododododdo" without any relation to the music itself (it is the "voice" of the TV screen). I removed them because, when the TV stops, the song continues to loop without them normally; the thing is that the very first part always have that "dodood" thing over and I decided to simply remove those channels completely just for the sake of song conservation.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Delek, I listen to the soundtrack in Hoot, and there are 2 missing tracks from this pack, and a bunch of 'fanfare' tracks too, but I'm not sure those fanfare tracks would count in the VGM pack.
As for track 7, channel 7 and 8 are an aid for bass and boost in the DX7-esque chord respectively, which surprisingly makes the track sound quite a bit beefier.

I will send a PM of the track playing from Hoot with channel 7 and 8 playing, and the 2 missing tracks for reference. Unfortunately, I have no idea how you can record them as VGM since I have never even seen the game played before.

Post by GTheGuardian »

Switching Music in Namachuukei 68:

First, Ensure that you are in a place in the game where you can trigger sounds at your will (preferably the Main Menu) and Then Set Breakpoint at 2AFB6. (in XM6, this can be done by going into View->Processor->Break Point, then right clicking in Break Point window and selecting Enter Address)

After the Breakpoint has been set, just trigger any sound ingame (Like when navigating through menus) to trigger the break point and halt the execution.

After the execution has halted, Change the D0 Register to any of the valid Music IDs to change a music tracks (in XM6, this is done by going into View->Processor->Register and changing the D0 Register there).

Valid Music ID Ranges are: 40-4F, 62, 65 and 69~6D.

Afterwards, you can then resume execution by selecting Debug->Execute.

(Note, it may be also good idea to stop the music before playing another, this can be done by simply playing Sound 5F)
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Since I was reminded of this pack, I figured I would update about any errors from the new pack here.

Hitting March #1 loops too soon, and so the FM sound using the LFO for the crowd noise loops in place of the drums in channels 5, 6, and 8.

League Championship loops too early. There's another section where the drums continue before looping to the section around 6 seconds in.