Sound ChipsQSound
Tracks29
Playing time31:41
Pack authorkirishima
Pack version1.01
Last Update2015-09-30

• Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Reporting an erroneous loop in Track 8 Danger Room -CYCLOPS-. It loops far too early in the VGM. The track is supposed to go through that entire section again before finally looping back to the beginning.
  • kirishima Offline

Post by kirishima »

Oohhh. Sorry it took me a very long time to notice your comment. I was looping these mostly based on vgmtrans midi outputs and things. That one you stated appears to loop where it should but I will recheck to make sure since I'm currently working updating alot of my qsound rips. Also, you sure you don't mean Omega Red's track, that's one I just recently noticed I looped too soon since the whole second section didn't seem all that different.

UPDATE: I just rechecked Cyclops track. There doesn't appear to be any issues, at least with the reoptimized versions. Tested against the untrimmed version.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

how long did you record the song? sometimes it will go through an extra loop or two before the actual loop (where the loop you previously heard gets broken).
  • kirishima Offline

Post by kirishima »

I wasn't counting at the time since while logging I held down insert to speed things along a bit, but at least 3 loops were logged. No change in any of them, but he could've probably mistaken Cyclop's theme with Omega Red's, which I did update.

EDIT: I think I will be replace that track after all with the retrimmed track that's currently in the single vgm thread, because of barely noticeable issue and just to be on the safe side.

Post by vampirefrog »

Stupid name, atoms can't have babies. Fact.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

sure they can, it's called fission.

Post by vampirefrog »

go fission yourself
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

kirishima wrote:Oohhh. Sorry it took me a very long time to notice your comment. I was looping these mostly based on vgmtrans midi outputs and things. That one you stated appears to loop where it should but I will recheck to make sure since I'm currently working updating alot of my qsound rips. Also, you sure you don't mean Omega Red's track, that's one I just recently noticed I looped too soon since the whole second section didn't seem all that different.

UPDATE: I just rechecked Cyclops track. There doesn't appear to be any issues, at least with the reoptimized versions. Tested against the untrimmed version.
Sorry for the even longer response time :?
I was reminded of this pack today. About my previous report, I'm not sure, but I think I might've referenced a version from Youtube that I heard before this pack was made. It went through the track again like the loop does, but then after that it re-looped from the beginning.
Anyway, there's definitely something about this track that I must have forgot to note as well, and that is the loop in the VGM is dropping channels.