vgmrips

The forum about vgm files
It is currently 2018-11-19, 1:14:49

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 2018-08-30, 23:38:23 

Once again, I'm here to report some issues with GEMS2MID and GEMSPlay and a request to get them fixed. I apologize for doing this repeatedly in the past, but this might be the last time.
While I have found that both GEMSPlay and the latest GEMS2MID for the most part work perfectly, I've managed to find two (just two) games that are problematic in both of these programs, and only with specific tracks. These few tracks sound so "messed up" that they hardly sound anything like the actual music in-game. What I find odd is that most of these don't show "Invalid command" like it usually does with incorrectly ripped music.

The two ROMs of the games that are problematic are as follows:

WWF Super Wrestlemania (W) [!] = track 21, which seems to be the title theme (it does sound a little bit like the actual music). Since I looked through the ROM and I could only find one bank of sequence data, I am pretty sure that this is the music I was looking for. For reference, here is a recording of what the music should sound like:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fw2PT ... WWlJa2Ekvy

Great Waldo Search, The (U) [!] = tracks 02, 03, and 05 (the last of these actually does report "Invalid command 127 found on Channel 1!" multiple times. Trying to convert the sequence data to MIDI with GEMS2MID crashes the program at track 02.)

I am very confused about why these two games have problems in the tools in both of these tools, considering the rest of the songs work fine. I also believe that the cause of the issues in both games are related. Something I did notice about both these two games is that they seem to be using an early version of the driver, so it may be a problem with how the older version of the driver works compared to the newer ones.

I have attached the extracted data from both ROMs to this post. Hopefully these issues can be fixed.

Attachments:
My GEMS Rips Problematic.7z [133 KiB]
Downloaded 23 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: 2018-09-17, 22:26:41 

Staff Staff
Programmers Programmers
Musicians Musicians
Contributors Contributors
Reverse engineers Reverse engineers

Sorry for the late response. I haven't forgotten about it, but I didn't have time to investigate it yet.