Skip to content

[CLOSED]BlastEm: Shortcut key "M" isn't logging VGM files

Technical discussion about the VGM format, and all the software you need to handle VGM files.

Moderator: Staff

• SirDarwin Offline

[CLOSED]BlastEm: Shortcut key "M" isn't logging VGM files

Post by SirDarwin »

SOLVED! Turns out logging does not work for the release build of BlastEm. Since that one hasn't been updated since 2019 (apparently), the latest versions can be found below the release links on the download page. While it's not sorted in order of date released, you can use ctrl+f to find the nearest one to your date, the format being:
[date-2digits]-[month-first3letters]-[year]
-The VGM file will be stored in C:\Users\[yourname]\.

I'm following the tutorial at https://vgmrips.net/wiki/Project2612_ripping_tutorial - I'm trying to dump VGM's from the Sonic 2 August 21, 1992 prototype.

The instructions say:
Proceed to the place where the song you're going to rip is going to play (sound test, game level, etc) and then start logging. You can do this by pressing the shortcut key, M. BlastEm will dump a log-in-progress in its .exe folder, with a name like blastem_20211117_160122.vgm, by default.
However I don't see a VGM file in the folder that contains the exe. I assume I am supposed to be running blastem.exe, not the other executables in the folder. I also checked my %appdata% folder and there doesn't seem to be a blastem folder like I saw mentioned.

Is it dumped somewhere else? Am I doing something wrong? I haven't yet installed anything else from the instructions but they don't seem to be related to the logging process so I didn't think I'd need anything special at this point.

Please bear with me, I'm still getting used to this forum (total zoomer to be honest). I apologize if I missed something in the instructions or if the answer was somewhere else I could've checked.
Thanks!

[insert cool signature here]
Last edited by SirDarwin on 2022-10-08, 22:49:52, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Mao (RN22) »

I think, you can find it on, C:/Users/(Nameofcomputer)/

then, you can see your dumped vgm files onto it. if your using windows.
To-Do list:
?

Current Status: I could only upload 5 VGM packs per VB's stream.
Tempo: 105.95%
Pitch: +1.00

Better Call Mao!

Please, check my WIP list for more updates.