Skip to content

VGMToolbox

Technical discussion about the VGM format, and all the software you need to handle VGM files.

Moderator: Staff

• Knurek Offline

Post by Knurek »

If I can ask for one thing as well - could you add a filename to title tag option for the VGM tagger? Something similar to psfpoint -tf switch, so 01 BGM #01.vgm would automatically get BGM #01 added to the title tag.
  • snakemeat Offline

Post by snakemeat »

RichterEX2 wrote:Oh lord. Apparently there's a huge issue with the old version I had. After masstagging Sunset Riders...nothing played. Even causes foo_gep to crash with the resulting files. Here's what came out, but for now I'm going back with the newest version to see if that fixes things.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dcfcfl4d558vh0i
There was a known issue where anything newer than v1.50 or so wouldn't work correctly. I hadn't updated to the new specs and didn't add a version check either. This should be OK now though, as I've done both. Let me know if the current version breaks things.
  • snakemeat Offline

Post by snakemeat »

ValleyBell wrote:The last version I had, had a few problems with files logged by M1.
The header is a few bytes larger than it needs to be, so it recalculates the loop offset wrong in this case.

Sorry that I didn't report that earlier, but I forgot about it.
Can you please provide a link to some sample files that trigger this problem?
  • snakemeat Offline

Post by snakemeat »

Knurek wrote:If I can ask for one thing as well - could you add a filename to title tag option for the VGM tagger? Something similar to psfpoint -tf switch, so 01 BGM #01.vgm would automatically get BGM #01 added to the title tag.
I'll add it to my todo list, hopefully I can reuse the code from the xSF tagger that does the same thing.
  • RichterEX2 Offline

Post by RichterEX2 »

snakemeat wrote:
RichterEX2 wrote:Oh lord. Apparently there's a huge issue with the old version I had. After masstagging Sunset Riders...nothing played. Even causes foo_gep to crash with the resulting files. Here's what came out, but for now I'm going back with the newest version to see if that fixes things.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dcfcfl4d558vh0i
There was a known issue where anything newer than v1.50 or so wouldn't work correctly. I hadn't updated to the new specs and didn't add a version check either. This should be OK now though, as I've done both. Let me know if the current version breaks things.
Newest version handles things just fine. *Points to newest submissions* :D