ComposerTomoyoshi Sato
SystemDECO32
Sound ChipsYM2151, OKIM6295
Tracks19
Playing time29:10
Pack authorGTheGuardian
Pack version1.00
Last Update2014-03-28

Download Arcade/Night_Slashers_(DECO32).zip (1 162 400 bytes)

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

Thank you for your hard work in ripping this one. :)

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

I just dropped by to say that this rip is really well made. Still, you may want to check each song's tempo as they seem to play too fast compared to how they played in-game.

Post by GTheGuardian »

That's actually the correct tempo. Many Data East in general happen to have tempo issues. Judging from what I heard from PCB and OST recordings some time ago, this seems to be correct tempo. (The HuC6280(Which was added in MAME 0.150) version also seems to have correct tempo as well for some reason). Not to mention that tracks seem to sound better now, like Azteca. (Where the drum beat was playing oddly in Z80 ver - it sounds fine in HuC6280 version and the rip)
Last edited by GTheGuardian on 2014-03-21, 18:34:00, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Pixel_Crusher »

Wow, never knew about that. Seems like the problem is from MAME then.
  • IREMplay Offline

Post by IREMplay »

GTheGuardian wrote:That's actually the correct tempo. Many Data East in general happen to have tempo issues. Judging from what I heard from PCB and OST recordings some time ago, this seems to be correct tempo. (The HuC6280(Which was added in MAME 0.150) version also seems to have correct tempo as well for some reason). Not to mention that tracks seem to sound better now, like Azteca. (Where the drum beat was playing oddly in Z80 ver - it sounds fine in HuC6280 version and the rip)
Wow, I'm so used to hearing the unofficial rip that the changes make them completely different songs. You mentioned HuC6280 not being added until 0.150, so Z80 was used until they added that chip?

and it sounds just like the Night Slasher/Flower Busters PCCB album that I'm just now hearing.
:D

This video's description seems to tell a story too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxn7zAIEFY
Last edited by IREMplay on 2014-03-24, 15:32:12, edited 1 time in total.
yeah