Skip to content

Small change in forum permissions

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

• Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Small change in forum permissions

Post by Tom »

As an incentive to register, the Ideas and WIPs and the Submissions subforums are now readable only by registered users.
The main archives are still readable by everyone including guests of course, but now you're going to need an account if you want to know in advance what we're cooking.
Hopefully this move will lead to more activity on this forum.

I was tempted to protect the Homebrew forum too, but that would backfire and penalize our great musicians, who would be able to reach a lower number of listeners.

If any unregistered user isn't ok with this I'm always available to talk: feel free to register and send me a private message. Ohwait.
Also known as nineko.
  • Sik Offline
  • Not a musician
    Not a musician

Re: Small change in forum permissions

Post by Sik »

Tom wrote:If any unregistered user isn't ok with this I'm always available to talk: feel free to register and send me a private message. Ohwait.
Said user could still register in behalf of everybody who doesn't want to register, so no "ohwait" for you =P

I suppose we're going to get more members anyways once we get a large enough amount of packs that make the site look important. TCRF became well-known only once its wiki had a pretty huge amount of information, after all.
Sik is pronounced like "seek", not like "sick".
http://www.mdscene.net/
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

The problem is that most of our vgm packs are small and of semi-unknown games, we could really use some packs from some popular games such as the King Of Fighters series (Neo Geo), or more Mario games (Game Boy and NES).
Also known as nineko.
  • RichterEX2 Offline

Post by RichterEX2 »

Tom wrote:The problem is that most of our vgm packs are small and of semi-unknown games, we could really use some packs from some popular games such as the King Of Fighters series (Neo Geo), or more Mario games (Game Boy and NES).
Hmm, I could help with that.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

Tom, in a old reply, wrote:The problem is that most of our vgm packs are small and of semi-unknown games, we could really use some packs from some popular games.
Ok, I'll try ripping some popular arcade games from Taito, like Halley's Comet.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣