Skip to content

Problems With Arcade VGM

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

Problems With Arcade VGM

Post by Afro Thunder »

Hey, Tom! First off, I'd like to say that I'm diggin' the site and the music. Great work!

On to my main problem, I downloaded the Moonwalker VGM arcade set, but it wont play in Winamp. I thought I corrupted the files somehow, so I re-downloaded it. The same thing thing happened. Do I need a different media player to play the arcade files, or is there another version of in_vgm that will play them?
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Once again, I apologise if I didn't set up a proper thread with a list of updated VGM players and tools yet (I will do something later today), but make sure you're using the latest version of in_vgm or vgmplay (both of them can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gnharci5ndxnw). I hope that this helps!

I hate Mediafire so I plan to upload everything on this server soon, probably later today. I didn't take any action yet because I'm still not sure on what is the best way to promote all the VGM related software, but it's definitely overdue so I'll whip up at least a temporary thread.

btw: glad that you like the music, but I didn't rip any of those packs ;)
I actually made a couple of VGM packs, but they're not hosted here, as they are of Game Gear games, and thus they are hosted on smspower.
Also known as nineko.

Post by Afro Thunder »

Is 0.35 the one I should be using? because that's the one I had last time, and it didn't work. What about the beta version?
  • DalekSam Offline

Post by DalekSam »

in_vgm from ValleyBell's mediafire link (that Tom posted) should do fine. It'll support most packs available now, so nab that.

Alternatively nab the 0.40 beta if you can do without channel muting.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

I am playing Moonwalker's VGM files in Winamp right now, and they work fine. The version of my in_vgm plugin seems to be 0.35 indeed, so you're probably using the 0.35 version by Maxim, which is now obsolete. ValleyBell took over in_vgm exactly one year ago (his first release thread, ironically, was labeled as "Christmas present"), but he kept the version number of 0.35, so right now there are two 0.35s around (check the file size, it should be 409600 bytes; Maxim's version is much smaller). You should download the in_vgm from the Mediafire link in my post above, or wait until everything is uploaded on this server.
I said I was going to upload it by my onw, but it seems that ValleyBell is handling this, as earlier today I logged into the FTP and I noticed the directory structure for VGM software already in place, so I'll leave this to him, as he's the one who knows the current situation better than anyone else.
Also known as nineko.

Post by Afro Thunder »

All right, the version you gave me is working perfectly now. Thanks to both of ya for the help.