Skip to content

Split from the KoF '97 topic

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• RichterEX2 Offline

Post by RichterEX2 »

Which reminds me I need to get back to work on KoF '94.
  • Knurek Offline

Re: King Of Fighters '97, The

Post by Knurek »

Confirmed composers working on King of Fighters '97 if someone decides to update the tags:

Yoshihiko Kitamura (JOJOUHA-KITAPY) - 北村芳彦
Toshio Shimizu (SHIMIZM) - 清水敏夫
Yasumasa Yamada (YAMAPY-1) - 山田泰正
Yasuo Yamate (TATE-NORIO) - 山手安生
Hideki Asanaka (SHA-V) - 麻中秀樹
Last edited by Knurek on 2012-11-09, 8:57:42, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

*sigh*

Thanks for assuming that I didn't do my homework and that I submit stuff for the sake of it. This isn't the first time you do this and to be honest you're really starting to annoy me. Now, let me post a GIF from the ending of KoF '97 (an ending I've seen several times since I like this game):

As you can see there are more names than the ones you mentioned (earlier I wrote "10 people or so", and they're actually 9). Let's see:

SHA-V -> Hideki Asanaka (麻中 秀樹)
SHIMIMZ -> Toshio Shimizu (清水 敏夫)
JOJOUHA-KITAPY -> Yoshihiko Kitamura (北村 芳彦), but it's not 100% confirmed
YAMAPY-1 -> Yasumasa Yamada (山田 泰正)
TATE-NORIO -> Yasuo Yamate (山手 安生)
ACKEY -> Unknown real name
KYO-CHAN -> Kyoko Naka (中 京子)
ZOE -> Unknown real name
MARIMO -> Unknown full name (Marimo = まりも)

Here, reread my first post carefully. I didn't say "hey I won't write the individual names in the GD3 tags because I'm sexy and I know it", but I provided three valid reasons:
  1. the OST itself credits the whole band, so I went with that for consistency
  2. since there are 9 people the GD3 tag would be gigantic
  3. since we don't know the full real names of all the people, I didn't want to mix real names and nicknames
I actually put a lot of attention into small details and since I can speak Japanese (to some extent) I usually do my researches even on Japanese websites. Of course I'm not saying that I always speak the truth and that I never make mistakes, but I don't like how you assume that everything I say is wrong instead; and I don't like how your "correction" is actually incomplete, unless your sources are more accurate than the KoF97 credits themselves. For the record, all those people are (or have been) part of the band, as seen here.

Now, it is possible that someone can provide real names (from reliable sources) for the ones I couldn't retrieve, but the first two points would still stand.
Also known as nineko.

Post by Oerg866 »

Tom,

I don't want to butt in here, but I would ask you to refrain from being rude towards a poster who had no obvious harmful intent.

Thanks.
former VGMRips server hoster :)

Server uptime: http://www.mdscene.net/index2.php

Post by Kaminari »

Seriously, Tom, I'm fed up with you as well. If this is how constructive contributions are "appreciated" on this forum, I don't think I'm going to stay here for long. Maybe you should start by following your own posting rules before acting like a prick towards others.
Last edited by Kaminari on 2012-11-10, 18:09:00, edited 1 time in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

k whatever, let's spread incomplete information all over the place. By your logic, if I claim that the whole Sonic 3 & Knuckles soundtrack was composed by Michael Jackson alone, nobody can say I'm wrong by posting a video of the ending credits with the full list of names. I don't respect people who don't respect what I do, if I write things in a certain way you should know I did my research in the first place, I never do things without a reason.

But you know what, don't leave. I leave. If high quality and accuracy are not important, then well, yeah. This is my last post here, so long and have fun.
Also known as nineko.

Post by Oerg866 »

Tom,

you're interpreting bullshit that wasn't even there in his post.

There's a fitting analogy:

Your leaving post is a deliberate attempt of lobbying the administration and staff into complying with your stubborn mentality. Even as a friend I must tell you: this is not how we roll, and we certainly don't appreciate it if debates are spawned where by definition there can't be one.

I remember when we set up this place in the first place, where I tried to implement the SMTP thing for the first time, and you were acting up about it because it did not comply with your oh so holy ideas and said (in a very sore-loser kind of way) "OK here I demoted myself it's your forum now I don't want anything to do with it anymore". I made the mistake back then and gave in, but now I am not going to make the same mistake, since I'm sure the other Staff will agree with me that you are at fault here.

Your stubbornness is exactly what you criticized on the Sonic Retro administration when you left, and your hypocracy disgusts me.

So, farewell Tom! :roll:
Last edited by Oerg866 on 2012-11-10, 22:48:20, edited 3 times in total.
former VGMRips server hoster :)

Server uptime: http://www.mdscene.net/index2.php