SystemZN-1
Sound ChipsQSound
Tracks21
Playing time37:23
Pack authorThe Green Herring
Pack version1.01
Last Update2014-07-25

Pack author's comment
My tenth submission! Capcom's first published 3D fighting game, developed by Arika, which proved successful enough to get one update and two sequels and also introduced the Super Cancel to fighting games. Three composers who mainly worked with Namco up to this point gave it an excellent soundtrack that's mostly jazz fusion. This is recommended listening even if you're not interested in Street Fighter!
  • 2ch-H Offline

Re: Street Fighter EX / Street Fighter EX plus

Post by 2ch-H »

The Green Herring wrote:I just have one question: What would be a more elegant way to translate the name of track 6? Its Japanese title is "天脚舞歌". The pack includes a character-by-character translation, "Sky Kick Dance Song", but there's got to be a better way to render that name in English...
The title of the sound test of the Street Fighter EX plus α (PlayStation Version).

天脚舞歌 = Spinning Bird
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7kl1wvfmdb8l ... g_Bird.jpg
光の守護神 = Light Guadian
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2999w79hk4gh5 ... uadian.jpg
夜桜満開 = Sakura Mankai
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqinkyha1u9a8 ... Mankai.jpg

Post by The Golden Horse »

I know about the Street Fighter EX plus α arrangements, which are sweet. :) But the Japanese titles used in my pack were on the original game's official soundtrack album as well as its original arranged soundtrack; the English titles you listed are exclusive to the arrangements found in Street Fighter EX plus α, two of which are included on the Street Fighter EX2 OST. I might use "Spinning Bird", though, if that's the best way to translate the name, and use that and the other two titles if those are what the artists prefer. Either way, though, thank you!

Also, thank you for reminding me that I plan to do Street Fighter EX2 and EX2 Plus as well. :)
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

The Green Herring wrote:Also, thank you for reminding me that I plan to do Street Fighter EX2 and EX2 Plus as well. :)
Hello there, I love you.
Interesting how the rip sounds a little different to the soundtrack. It isn't even that the soundtrack is arranged it's just a few different samples.

Post by The Golden Horse »

I've decided to use the "plus Alpha" version's English names for the English tags of the three aforementioned tracks ("Light Guardian", "Spinning Bird", "Sakura Mankai"). The Japanese tags for the tracks remain unchanged. I've also updated several tracks' notes, mostly for spacing but in part to give more accurate stage attributions (e.g. "God Hands" does not play on Evil Ryu's stage, but "Stronger" does). Please redownload the pack at your earliest convenience.
Last edited by The Golden Horse on 2014-05-11, 0:34:54, edited 2 times in total.
  • Stefan_L Offline

Post by Stefan_L »

blitzlunar wrote: Interesting how the rip sounds a little different to the soundtrack. It isn't even that the soundtrack is arranged it's just a few different samples.
now it was a long time since i heard the soundtrack CD but if it sound different so can it be because Qsound is not emulated at all ATM.. only the PCM output is... although i have not checked with latest MAME yet, maybe Qsound support has been added recently :)

Here is a recording i done directly from the arcade PCB: http://www.ym2149.com/temp/streetfighte ... 02%29.flac
  • Despatche Offline

Post by Despatche »

just personally i'd use the original titles, since the "english titles" are ps-only. seems a bit unfair to "retcon" like that, especially since the original title of spinning bird is a very strange phrase. translate at your discretion, but i'm big on romaji so i'll vouch for that. we have "sakura mankai" anyway...