Skip to content

Installed wiki

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

Installed wiki

Post by vampirefrog »

Good news, everyone!

We now have a wiki: http://vgm.mdscene.net/wiki/Main_Page

User login is done via the forum, and is unified.

Now the hard part is: we have to move lots of content that is now in the forum format, into the wiki. So go ahead and get familiar with it, and start creating the pages. As you may already know, to create pages, just create a link to the page in an existing page, it will turn out red, so click on it and create the page.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Re: Installed wiki

Post by Tom »

I have a suggestion, pages such as "formats" or "systems" shouldn't exist like this, but they should be categories (e.g. "Category:Formats" and "Category:Systems"); in this way the index will automatically maintain itself as long as [[Category:XYZ]] is added within the wikicode of something. Categories can use subcategories too, e.g. "Category:Music_Formats" should be a subcategory of "Category:Formats", and so on. I see there's a red category for the tools, that's a start. I'd go ahead and create more categories for the formats, but most of them are redlink as of no, which means that their pages should be created as stubs and I didn't feel like doing such a thing without a second opinion.

Yes, despite what people might think, I love wikis.

edit: here, http://vgm.mdscene.net/wiki/Category:Systems should take the place of http://vgm.mdscene.net/wiki/Systems, as the former will be seif-maintained by adding [[Category:Systems]] within the pages of the various systems. The latter page should be deleted, instead.
Also known as nineko.

Re: Installed wiki

Post by vampirefrog »

Go ahead and do that, Tom.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

This post maybe can moved... Or not...

I have problem to editing anything and saving my preferences on the wiki. It gives the following message (in PT-BR):
Pedimos desculpas, mas não foi possível processar a sua edição devido à perda de dados da sua sessão. Por favor tente novamente. Caso continue não funcionando, tente sair e voltar a entrar na sua conta.
It says "Sorry, but it was not possible to process your edition due to lost data of your session. Please try again. If does not solve, try logout and login on your account.". I cannot change the language due to this error. This is not a browser error, since I tried to edit a page in Firefox, Chrome (both Windows) and UC Browser (Android), and I logged in and out multiple times, cleaned the cache... But it stays with the same error. There is some bug on the wiki?
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣

Post by vampirefrog »

Try now please, Sonic of 8!

Post by vampirefrog »

I've fixed it, it had to do with memcached missing.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

It worked, thank you. :)
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣