Skip to content

Pack playlists

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

Pack playlists

Post by vampirefrog »

Discuss here any issues or suggestions you have for the playlist pages:

http://vgmrips.net/packs/playlists

Currently it is still work in progress, it lacks a number of things, but it works at a basic level.

Post by Kaminari »

Great feature!

One problem though: I can add tracks, but not delete them (tested in Firefox, Chrome, IE). The red delete icon doesn't do anything.

[Edit] More precisely: I added a track twice, and when I tried to remove the duplicate it didn't work.

Post by vampirefrog »

Kaminari wrote:Great feature!

One problem though: I can add tracks, but not delete them (tested in Firefox, Chrome, IE). The red delete icon doesn't do anything.

[Edit] More precisely: I added a track twice, and when I tried to remove the duplicate it didn't work.
Try now. It wasn't implemented.

Post by Kaminari »

+1

Post by Kaminari »

Would it be possible to implement a floating frame for the player part, so that we can scroll the playlist while keeping the player controls visible?

Post by vampirefrog »

can you make a quick graphical mockup to explain better?

Post by Kaminari »

I imagine some simple frameset to separate the player controls at the top of the page from the playlist itself. When you have a hundred of tunes and you click on an entry at the bottom of the list, it's a bit inconvenient to have to scroll all the way up to access the play controls (time bar, pause, skip, etc).
Attachments
Crude mockup
Crude mockup
  • cetera Offline

Post by cetera »

I'd like to be able to download a playlist as a zip full of vgz files.

Please excuse my ignorance if this was already discussed.

or even an option to individually download songs as vgz once they are in a playlist, in addition to ogg or mp3

Post by vampirefrog »

I've added an option to download vgm/vgz. I've removed the ogg option as well, it takes up extra space on the server.

You can download the full thing by using wget --accept=vgm,vgz <playlistUrl>, I think. It would be difficult to do the zip file thing, though not impossible.

I've also made the playlist header float when you scroll, please check it out.

Click on the currently playing song title to scroll to the song.

Post by Kaminari »

The floating player works nice in Explorer and Firefox, but not in Chrome.

Post by vampirefrog »

Chrome is the only browser I've tested on, perhaps try Ctrl+F5?

Post by Kaminari »

Strange indeed, I tested my Favorites playlist and it seems it tries to pin the top of the page for a split second, but it quickly scrolls up and disappears. I then tried with a different playlist and it seems to work great. I'll do further tests tonight by clearing the cache and see what gives.

Btw, I'm using Chrome 52.

[Edit] I cleared the cache and my ~300 tracks favlist works ok. Thanks for this great feature!

Post by vampirefrog »

Great! Glad you like it.

I've also made the playlists sortable now. It still needs testing, but seems to work fine now.

Guys, please test all these recent features, so I might fix any bugs.

Post by Kaminari »

Drag and drop reordering is great.

It makes the sound stutter a bit if I'm listening the playlist while moving tracks around at the same time, but that might be due to my weak CPU.

Post by vampirefrog »

It seems to be the combination of the drag&drop class I'm using, and long playlists that eat up CPU, so I guess that's to be expected. Maybe I'll replace it later, or optimize it or something, but for now it does its job.