Skip to content

Soldam

Jaleco Mega System 1 (YM2151, 2xOKIM6295)

Moderator: Staff

• ValleyBell Offline

Soldam

Post by ValleyBell »

TitleSoldam
ComposerYasuyuki Suzuki, Atsuyoshi Isemura
SystemJaleco Mega System 1
Sound ChipsYM2151, 2xOKIM6295
Tracks23
Playing time22:58
Pack authordj.tuBIG/MaliceX
Pack version1.00
Last Update2014-09-15

Pack author's comment
All except one track, actually use 1x OKIM6295 at most for sample playback.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Been waiting for this one. Best soundtrack <3

Post by Rotating Username »

It looks like this is missing an additional composition credit: Yasuhiko Takashiba (as TAKASHIBA)

From the staff roll:
picture from MAMEND

On the original 1993 OST, they only received a "special thanks":

But they were credited as one of three composers on the Arcade Disc In JALECO -VARIETY- in 2013:
(Soldam is the third game on CD 3)

It's possible that the entry in the booklet might explain things, but I can't read Japanese...

(all scans from VGMdb)

Later this month, there will be an all Soldam album, featuring music from the original, the GB conversion, an unreleased Famicom conversion and the new Switch game Soldam: Bloom Declaration. Maybe the booklet from that will clear things up a bit.

(City Connection, who is behind both the Jaleco compilation album and the game, owns the rights to Jaleco's IPs since 2013)
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Rotating Username wrote:Later this month, there will be an all Soldam album, featuring music from the original, the GB conversion, an unreleased Famicom conversion and the new Switch game Soldam: Bloom Declaration. Maybe the booklet from that will clear things up a bit.
That is great news! (or maybe, "WHAT AN EXCITING NEWS!!") I liked what I heard of the Switch sequel's arrangements, but the real prize would be some composer disambiguation. I love both Yasuyuki Suzuki and Atsuyoshi Isemura's independent/solo work on other titles, but I still struggle to tell them apart here. This is literally one of my favourite video game soundtracks on any platform, here's hoping the album is robustly detailed. 8|