Skip to content

Similar music from two unrelated games

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

Similar music from two unrelated games

Post by NewRisingSun »

Check out these two tunes, one from Shadowcaster, one from Realms of Arkania: Star Trail. Both share a similar pattern: low strings, a spacy voice/horn, followed by pizzicato. Did one composer steal from the other, or is this some classical tune that I am unfamiliar with?
  • MusicFox Offline

Post by MusicFox »

Both games were composed by Germans... I think? (Schaefgen I think is German, as well as Henkel). Maybe it's a German thing?

Post by NewRisingSun »

Schaefgen is not German, and I don't think that stealing songs is a "German thing".
  • MusicFox Offline

Post by MusicFox »

I know, it was just a joke. ;)

Post by Zveroboy152 »

Still, it may well be a coincidence; after all, so much music has already been composed that you need to try very hard to write something that will not sound like another pre-existing track. And even then, it'll sound like something you haven't heard before but that already existed :lol:
Edit, as the fact that they're both German could make sense: do people have music lessons at school? If yes, they may well have studied the same things and received the same influences.
  • Belgro Offline

Post by Belgro »

They are really similar. I am not surprised I guess. As they say great minds think alike. I heard some more similar melodies, after I get to my Pattaya estate I will post some more here which in my opinion were stolen from each other.

Post by patsm00re18 »

So much classical for that music!