Skip to content

Profile Browser title not in English

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Jacko Offline

Profile Browser title not in English

Post by Jacko »

Hi Admin Team,

Not sure if you are aware, but when viewing someomes profile the title bar in my browser is not in english.

Is this something intentional? or is it something which slipped through the cracks.

Post by Oerg866 »

It's a leftover. Nineko will probably fix it later ;)
former VGMRips server hoster :)

Server uptime: http://www.mdscene.net/index2.php
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Thanks for the report. Yes, Oerg is right, it was a leftover. Let me start from the beginning: I administrate another forum, in Italian, where I applied more than 100 modifications (and I wrote a lot of custom code), so when I made this one I thought to reuse all that code to save time and already have all the features I installed. The problem is, the standard phpBB2 language files of course don't cover many of the new text strings used by those modifications, and I had to translate several things to English by hand (phpBB2 by default only says "Viewing profile", I changed it to say "Viewing XYZ's profile").

It's more than likely that there are some other Italian leftovers here and there (not to mention, if you check the URL of the image buttons, they're still in the /lang_italian/ directory because I am lazy), so I will appreciate any further report.
Also known as nineko.