TitleHappily Ever After
ComposerHirohiko Takayama
SystemNintendo Entertainment System
Tracks11
Playing time8:32
Pack author2ch-H
Pack version1.00
Last Update2016-09-05

Download NES/Happily_Ever_After_(NES).zip (142 810 bytes)
  • cetera Offline

Post by cetera »

why is the song from jason on here?

Post by Sharrif001 »

The reason being is because Atlus developed this game as well as Friday the 13th, way back when they were just a contract developer.

Admin edit: Removed fullquote.
  • cetera Offline

Post by cetera »

pretty sneaky, but i forgive it because the song is good enough to span more than 1 game

Admin edit: Removed nested fullquote.

Post by Sharrif001 »

I guess because of how bad their games were made for LJN is the biggest reason why Atlus decided to stay away from doing the licensed games and started creating games in the Megami Tensei series. Not do I have any problem with that.

Admin edit: Removed 2x nested fullquote.

Post by marklincadet »

It's not even about whether the games were good or not. Even companies like Rare or Sunsoft that were capable of creating great games in the midst of (or that were) licensed ones, the guidelines and limitations that often came with licenses were just too restrictive to keep making games with them.

While there are no doubt some companies (Ocean comes to mind) that took these things as a challenge and happily took what they could get, others like the two mentioned earlier were quick to move on from them the moment they saw the opportunity to.

Post by Sharrif001 »

marklincadet wrote:It's not even about whether the games were good or not. Even companies like Rare or Sunsoft that were capable of creating great games in the midst of (or that were) licensed ones, the guidelines and limitations that often came with licenses were just too restrictive to keep making games with them.

While there are no doubt some companies (Ocean comes to mind) that took these things as a challenge and happily took what they could get, others like the two mentioned earlier were quick to move on from them the moment they saw the opportunity to.
I see. I guess that is basically the biggest reason as to why Japan doesn't do licensed games as much as they used to. :(