TitleZhong Guo Xiang Qi / Qiwang
Composerunknown
SystemDendy
Tracks4
Playing time2:52
Pack authorSonic of 8!
Pack version1.01
Last Update2017-06-14

Last edited by Sonic of 8! on 2017-06-08, 6:24:46, edited 1 time in total.

Post by NewRisingSun2 »

Why is this a "bootleg"? A bootleg of what original product?

People throw around the term "bootleg" and "pirate" any time something from a Chinese publisher is mentioned. If anything, the game is merely "unlicensed", meaning that the publisher did not pay royalties to Nintendo, to which there is no legal requirement, despite what Nintendo wants people to believe.

Post by Kaminari »

According to Wikipedia, it's indeed an original game, developed by Micro Genius themselves (the makers of the Dendy, among various other Famicom clones).

Post by NewRisingSun2 »

Something's wrong with that pack, though --- the triangle channel is played tenuto/legato (without pause between notes) in the title track in both the .VGM pack and the .NSF, while all three versions of the game that I have play it marcato (with a short pause between notes) in all emulators I have tried.

Post by NewRisingSun2 »

The cause is sort of the reverse of what I described in this thread: The original game does not write anything to $4017, but whoever made the .NSF just added a write to $4017, guessing an incorrect value ($80).

I have updated (attached) Sonic of 8!'s pack, correcting the $4017 value to $00, which is equivalent to removing the $4017 write completely (which would have required me to adjust all the header fields). I have also added information and the screenshot of a different game version that has enhanced graphics but the same music.
Attachments
Zhong Guo Xiang Qi (fixed).zip
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 238 times