Skip to content

vgmrips 10th Anniversary

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

• ValleyBell Offline

vgmrips 10th Anniversary

Post by ValleyBell »

It is the 30 November 2021. You know what? This is a very special date!

Exactly 10 years ago, on the 30 November 2021, Tom created the vgmrips forum. (The "joined" date on his user profile confirms it!)

:birthday2: vgmrips! :joy2:

So how could we celebrate this birthday?
Let's start with the small things ... for example: and finally - a big announcement:

Project2612 and vgmrips join forces!

Thanks to the hard work of donluca and vampirefrog, Project2612 packs will join vgmrips.

That means, that you will be able to get MegaDrive, MegaCD and 32X packs from vgmrips.
You will then also be able to submit packs for the MegaDrive (and/or its addons) here.

Now, this won't happen today, BUT it will happen soon.

Post by Sharrif001 »

Sweet! Happy 10th Anniversary!

Hopefully, we can get some good MEGA-CD soundtracks in the future, like the 3x3 Eyes RPG and Shadowrun, to name a few.

Post by slickmandela »

Oh thank God. The 2612 site has been dead for almost two years, glad there will be another place to submit things.

Post by Sharrif001 »

slickmandela wrote:Oh thank God. The 2612 site has been dead for almost two years, glad there will be another place to submit things.
I definitely agree.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

I had a SPOILER for this not too long ago when I checked the new posts section and found a Sonic 1 thread posted in a new subforum (presumably as a test case.) I am very happy this is happening though! Nice to consolidate more information into one database, makes queries far easier. Also I would assume it means any sets that are brought over are updated to meet vgmrips exacting standards, which can only be a good thing. I wonder if it'd be possible to get SMSPower involved, too, and host SMS/GG sets? Since that site is pretty dead as well. And then from there... who knows... world domination I presume. Exciting times, looking forwards to it.
  • Dario011 Offline

Post by Dario011 »

blitzlunar wrote:I had a SPOILER for this not too long ago when I checked the new posts section and found a Sonic 1 thread posted in a new subforum (presumably as a test case.) I am very happy this is happening though! Nice to consolidate more information into one database, makes queries far easier. Also I would assume it means any sets that are brought over are updated to meet vgmrips exacting standards, which can only be a good thing. I wonder if it'd be possible to get SMSPower involved, too, and host SMS/GG sets? Since that site is pretty dead as well. And then from there... who knows... world domination I presume. Exciting times, looking forwards to it.
I was going to say the same thing since I had like 2 rips (specifically Thunderbolt II, a pirate shoot 'em up for Mega Drive, and GG Aleste since for some reason that game is gone, but its sequel is, and it would be nice to host it.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Dario011 wrote:GG Aleste since for some reason that game is gone, but its sequel is, and it would be nice to host it.
Yep yep, two of the most pow0rful Game Gear soundtracks. I would very much enjoy having VGMs for the first game.

Post by donluca »

All of the heavy lifting is being done by vampirefrog though, I'm just a man who make ends meet. :)

I'm super excited by this development, I've been looking forward this for a very long time and I'm glad that the legacy of P2612 will live on through vgmrips.

Post by vampirefrog »

Happy anniversary! I have imported the project2612 sets, enjoy.

Release: https://vgmrips.net/packs/release/1.189

Report issues here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4525
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Thanks very much to you (and anyone else involved) for doing the necessary legwork to make this a reality. Merry Christmas!
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Excellent, I wonder if we can finally add the missing track to the Snow Bros pack now, I posted about it on project2612 like a decade ago but it was ignored.
Also known as nineko.

Post by donluca »

Well done!

Browsed through a couple of sets and everything seems in order.
  • MaliceX Offline

Post by MaliceX »

Long time coming guys. Happy 10th birthday VGMRips!
-dj.tuBIG/MaliceX
  • talent Offline

Post by talent »

vgmrips :handshake: project2612

A little late, but happy 10th anniversary!

:beer: