Skip to content

Upgraded to phpBB 3

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

Upgraded to phpBB 3

Post by vampirefrog »

We've upgraded the forum from phpBB2 to phpBB3.

Still a few improvements to make, like fixing the way packs are displayed (the [table] code), and adding the chat box back in.

After that, we'll install a wiki as well.

Watch this topic for updates. Also, please mention if you'd like to work on the wiki. There is a lot of info that needs to be moved from the forum into the wiki format. I'm curious who will volunteer.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Re: Upgraded to phpBB 3

Post by ValleyBell »

Please note that I disabled the user registration until we get the captcha working again.
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

I don't see a theme change option in usercp, is there no alternative theme (particularly, the one I suggested previously) installed yet?

Post by vampirefrog »

This is a different install than the one we fiddled with a while ago. I'll make sure to install some themes too.

Post by vampirefrog »

Well, I've finally figured out how to use the phpBB3 hooks, which is a way to add functionality without modifying the forum php files. For anyone familiar with wordpress hooks/filters, this is very similar, except there are only 4 hooks so far, which kind of defeats the purpose, but I think I managed to get around that. So anyway, this means we'll have the chatbox and the table parsing code soon, hopefully tonight.

How are you guys liking phpBB3 so far?

Post by JFD62780 »

. . . I think this topic ALONE explains how broken the site is now.

I didn't even know there /was/ a TOPIC tag in phpBB (in version 2 at least). That's apparently the tag that only requires the TopicID number to link to one.

Now I can't even get the latest releases at all cause of how broken the actual release pages look! Fix it, pleez! x.x

EDIT: Great. Now even HTML is broken. FIX. IT. FixItFIXITFIXIIIIIIIIIITT!!!!11. X.X
Last edited by JFD62780 on 2014-06-16, 18:04:04, edited 3 times in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

JFD62780 wrote:I didn't even know there /was/ a TOPIC tag in phpBB (in version 2 at least).
There wasn't. It's one of the dozens of custom tags I added, this particular one upon ValleyBell's direct request, no less.

But yeah, North Korea is always a magical place, gotta love uniforms and uniformity and being like everyone else. Thank you for giving me yet one more reason for being happy I left this place.

VB edit: fixed quote (enable BBCodes or don't use them!)

Post by vampirefrog »

Apparently, the [topic] tag along with [table] were custom implementations on the old forums, or perhaps mods. I'll just have to reimplement them. Shouldn't be hard. Keep calm and rip VGMs.

Post by vampirefrog »

Ok, fixed the [topic] tag and the [table] tag, though it still needs styling. Also added chat box.

I've also found a list of installed mods on the phpBB2 install, and we'll try to restore those.

Tom, please change your user icon.

Post by Kaminari »

I wonder why Tom is suddenly back to our Little Pyongyang when he 's so happy in his new life.

Stockholm Syndrome mayhaps?
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I felt so free and added the old forum icons.
I'll leave most of the modding to our webmaster though.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

The captcha is now working (like the old one you need to enter the word backwards) and thus I enabled user registration.
Right now the accounts don't need to be confirmed by mail, because the mail system doesn't seem to work correctly.

Post by vampirefrog »

neologix: I've added a couple of styles for you.
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

Attached is lighter forum_read.gif
Attachments
lighter icon
lighter icon
forum_read.gif (1.86 KiB) Viewed 10557 times

Post by vampirefrog »

Neo, here is how I see it: