Skip to content

VGMRips full download packs

last updated: 2017-08-15

Important informations posted by the staff. Make sure to read [topic=1]the rules[/topic].

Moderator: Staff

• Quantam Offline

Post by Quantam »

EDIT: Never mind.

I don't suppose I could convince one of you to put this somewhere I can actually download it once (it fails within a couple minutes 100% of the time, and does not resume when restarted)? I'm writing a new parser/player and having everything would be helpful rather than the like 50 games I'm currently using for testing.

If something like Google Drive with a private link isn't possible I should be able to get IRC working for file transfers.
Last edited by Quantam on 2022-03-05, 12:42:47, edited 1 time in total.
  • Quantam Offline

Post by Quantam »

Suggestion: A simple format version of the update feed. E.g. XML or CSV with game name, (maybe) game URL, pack URL, pack version, update date/time, and update description. Pack moves/renames would have to be handled as updates (new entries in the list), though could use the same version number.

Post by vampirefrog »

• Quantam Offline

Post by Quantam »

I was really hoping for something that didn't require parsing HTML pages :P
  • Quantam Offline

Post by Quantam »

Quantam wrote:
I was really hoping for something that didn't require parsing HTML pages :P
So, after playing around with it some (and appreciating just how slow the VGMRips server is), there are a couple ways we could go to make this efficient (new pages that could be added to the site):
1. A list of all files currently in the archive containing at least: the file path, file size, and file last modified date/time, either as CSV or XML
2. An XML-based representation of the latest releases page https://vgmrips.net/packs/latest that provides either all of them on a single page or paged, with some large number of items on each page (e.g. 500 packs). To be efficient this version would need to contain the info from the release's page (e.g. https://vgmrips.net/packs/pack/earthwor ... -boy-color, which would preferably include the ZIP file's date/time as well), so that only a single XML feed needs to be pulled to get all the information necessary to determine new/updated files and download them.

Optionally, either of these could be combined with an HTTP parameter that lets the user specify the oldest date to return - the latest date they have packs for. This would cut down on disk/database accesses and amount of data the server needs to transmit for packs the user already has, but makes the CSV/XML data uncacheable.

Post by vampirefrog »

Alright asshole, you just earned yourself a ban. Don't come to a new community acting like you own the place. Don't crawl my site, you just caused us some downtime. I'm not going to fix the HTML just so your highness can parse it more easily. Go fuck yourself.

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »

• funky327 Offline

Post by funky327 »

I wanted to mention that I have been trying to download the latest pack (10-17-2022) and no matter which web browser or application I use to download it, it always fails after a few megabytes of data. When using wget I do get two semi useful error messages that may help, they are as follows:

Code: Select all

2022-11-01 09:32:43 (2.38 MB/s) - Read error at byte 53182077/3812479650 (The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.). Retrying.

Code: Select all

2022-11-01 09:33:00 (2.07 MB/s) - Read error at byte 87080120/3812479650 (Error decoding the received TLS packet.). Retrying.
Thanks!
  • Clavius Offline

Post by Clavius »

Hi all,

I'm also having issues downloading the latest "VGMRips_all_of_them_2022-10-17.zip"

It seems to fail at approximately 45MB every time. I've tried from two different computers (Win10 5950X 128GB RAM, and a MacBook Air 2021) and 3 web browsers (Brave, Edge, and Safari). My internet connection is 400/40Mbps and I don't typically have issues with large file transfers.

For troubleshooting purposes I tried transferring the file directly from your URL to my google drive and was able to get it to transfer to my PC from there -- however, both WinRAR 6.01 and the Windows zip utility reported the file being corrupt (only the first 45MB were valid data).

Best,
Clavius

Auto update

Post by vampirefrog »