Skip to content

Tomy's YM2612 Thread

Original FM music

Original compositions, as well as ports and remixes of existing songs, can be posted in this forum, as long as they are in VGM format of course.

Moderator: Staff

• Tomy Offline

Tomy's YM2612 Thread

Post by Tomy »

I was wondering if I should make one of these too, and I decided to do it. These are all the tracks I've made so far with VGM Music Maker.
I'm fascinated by all the obscure gaming systems and especially the music the games on them have. X1, X68000, PC88/98, FM Towns, etc. Some of my favourite soundtracks are: Flame Zapper Kotsujin (in my opinion the greatest ever, it's unreal), Cyberblock Metal Orange, Verytex, Chojin & Dengeki Nurse. That's the stuff I'm desperately trying to do. :D

I hope I managed to make my folder accessible correctly:

/// http://tomys.byethost33.com/ym2612/ ///

Some might not be final versions, as I upload & update them there when I have something new done.

VG soundtrack hardware recordings:

/// http://outgun.bandcamp.com/ ///

///

Image Image
Download
Last edited by Tomy on 2012-05-09, 22:56:12, edited 2 times in total.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

These are some really nice tunes and rhythms. My favourite one is A.S.F.R.
  • Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

A late thanks, nice choice. :D

I added my FM Demo 2011 to the first post. Made with VGM Music Maker author Shiru. It's a collection of 10 FM tracks. Super thanks to Shiru for making the demo possible.

Also updated couple of tracks and uploaded some new. The latest 5 are: Gun To The Head, The Wicked Lady Of O.G., Maailmankuvaharha, Kitsune No Tema & Body Modification.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

The demo is awesome :omg:

Though, some of the lower notes aren't displayed as scrolling lines; this is particularly noticeable in "Cherry On Top", when the bass (red) plays the lowest F#. G# is fine, not sure about G.

It's hard to pick a favourite song in the demo, they're all so good, I always like your style. Maybe "Down With Them!" and "Heart On Fire".

Many of those songs don't even use all the 6 channels, and they're good anyway. I don't know how you do it, excellent work.
Also known as nineko.
  • Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

Thank you so much.
Hadn't noticed the lower notes not showing, but then again the keyboard would block them partially so I don't mind it. Some instruments go too high too, but I'm not sure if they'd fit in the screen area any other way.

It's strange that I had a hard time using up all the channels then compared to now when I sometimes have to cram instruments to other channels. Like "Cydroid Operator" where almost every channel has 2 instruments. It was so funny too the first time my friend tried to play that track.. his computer froze, hahah. :D

Post by Tiido »

I love "Expect the Unexpected" in the magnificent demo :D

I downloaded all the VGMs and will listen through them sometime. Your stuff is awesome !
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
  • Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

Thanks Tiido!

The newest additions are: Fibrillation, Freerunner, Good Morning & Traumatic Amputation.

Post by Tiido »

I like Freerunner the most from those.

My fav from yours is maailmankuvaharha, that one is just pure awesome ^^
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
  • Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

It's one of my personal favourites too. :)

Yesterday I made a bandcamp account, I've added a link to the first message. The point is that for there I upload the video game soundtracks I do (PC games by Outgun), and record them from my Mega Drive. I had to put some EQ on the higher frequencies because the sound was kind of dull(?) without.. Don't mind the cover artworks, the game logos are hopefully just placeholders until my friend draws better ones.

The latest .vgm is "Ikari No Buki".
  • Tomy Offline

Post by Tomy »

I uploaded a new album at the bandcamp account. It was for my solo project, which I dropped... But still finished the soundtrack. The idea was to make new versions of my older tracks as the BGM.
There's some acidic sounds, trying-to-be-hard-hitting drums, 4/4 beats, new melodies, distorted bassdrums and even some FM claps. :D

http://outgun.bandcamp.com/album/mr-riley-unreleased