Skip to content

when an american gets his hands on a pc98 music tracker...

Original compositions, as well as ports and remixes of existing songs, can be posted in this forum, as long as they are in VGM format of course.

Moderator: Staff

• kingcandy Offline

when an american gets his hands on a pc98 music tracker...

Post by kingcandy »

High there!
here's all my bambootracker (pc98 music tracker) bits.
Attachments
donkey kong 3 the great counter attack title.vgm
the title music from one of the many games that came out of the nintendo/hudson deal.
(4.57 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
dig dug atari2600 ingame.vgm
self explanitory. used an instrument from bosconian for the x68000.
(4.83 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
coach curmit start.vgm
the game start music from coach curmet, one of the many handheld electronic games put out by tiger electronics.
(1.31 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
castle exolent theme.vgm
castlequest/castle exolent theme, namco system 86 instruments. based on the nes version.
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
back to the future nes main theme.vgm
the infamous main theme from back to the future on nes.
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
apogee logo.vgm
THE apogee logo, cps1 style.
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
be a hero and stop coppa now!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

How much you can do with BambooTracker? I mean, in terms of usage with a screen reader. Just asking, because I never tried it, and it is getting a lot of features.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

I think most trackers are useless with screen readers. Better to just use MML then, for example PMD.

Post by Zveroboy152 »

Great, thanks, that's awesome! I was looking for the DK3 and BttF files and couldn't find them...
  • kingcandy Offline

Post by kingcandy »

@dekyo, bambootracker is surprisingly accessible. The only inaccessible part is the instrument edittor, but I was able to get instruments from mdx files. thus, most of my songs are in an arcade style.
Coach curmit was a test of a recreation of the UMC 6666 melody IC, used in many handheld electronic games.
the bttf theme was dun using a set of basic waveforms originally ment for deflemask, which is sadly not accessible.
btw, there's a really nasty bug in the forum software. whenever I go to attach files, it clears out the body of the message, destroying it.
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

@kingcandy Thanks. I'll try it. I believe the instrument editor shouldn't be a problem, since AFAIK it supports pasting the FM tone data from the clipboard, in PMD, or FMP style format. Or maybe that was a dream and I'm wrong. :lol:
  • kingcandy Offline

Post by kingcandy »

Here is the cyrade theme in the style of gladiator/great gurianos/Owgan no shero.
Attachments
cyrade theme.vgm
theme from cyrade, a fun game boy game, in the style of Gladiator (arcade)
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 283 times