Skip to content

Jlooky's Originals and Arrangements

Original compositions, as well as ports and remixes of existing songs, can be posted in this forum, as long as they are in VGM format of course.

Moderator: Staff

• Jlooky Offline
  • Location: United States, Maryland / Also visiting inside game consoles/handhelds/computers from time to time.

Jlooky's Originals and Arrangements

Post by Jlooky »

Since I learned (enough) about how to use Furnace Tracker, I thought I'll do some arrangements and probably some originals too. First one I've completed so far is Sonic 2's title theme. Originally composed by Masato Nakamura, and arranged by me

BTW, I should get this off my chest: If you are willing to use any of my arrangements/original tracks for anything, I'm fine with that as long as you credit me and/or get permission from me.
Alright? Cool!
Attachments
Sonic 2 Title Theme Arrangement.vgz
(23.7 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Last edited by Jlooky on 2024-03-22, 4:39:28, edited 2 times in total.
Hello people of the 20th and 21st century!
  • Jlooky Offline
  • Location: United States, Maryland / Also visiting inside game consoles/handhelds/computers from time to time.

Re: Jlooky's Originals and Arrangements

Post by Jlooky »

Here's another arrangement of a song that was for a Game Boy game called "4-in-1 Funpak: Volume II". This is an NES arrangement, and it was originally composed by Marshall Parker.
Attachments
4 in 1 Funpak Volume II Title Theme Arrangement.vgz
(2.66 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
  • Jlooky Offline

Post by Jlooky »

Back with yet another arrangement, this with being New Junk City (or Junkit) on the NES APU. Originally composed by Mark Miller, Tony Bernetich, and/or Keith Arem.
Attachments
New Junk City (NES Arrangement).vgz
lord knows i'm not giving tommy any credit lol
(54.59 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
  • Jlooky Offline

Post by Jlooky »

It's been a little bit, but here's another arrangement, this time it's a Genesis/Mega Drive Arrangement of Twinkle Elementary from Mother on the Famicom. Originally composed by Hirokazu Tanaka.
Attachments
Twinkle Elementary (Genesis Arrangement).vgz
Made with Furnace Tracker
(11.23 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Last edited by Jlooky on 2024-03-17, 15:45:32, edited 1 time in total.
  • Jlooky Offline

Post by Jlooky »

Back yet again with another arrangement. This time being the Title Theme to the Genesis version of the game "The Death and Return of Superman" using the 2A03 + YM2149. Originally composed by Eric Swanson.
Attachments
The Death and Return of Superman Title Theme (2A03 + YM2149 Arrangement).vgz
(9.44 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
  • Jlooky Offline

Post by Jlooky »

An arrangement of one of my favorite MIDIs, Passport! It was originally composed by Passport Designs. This one is using the Sega Genesis' sound chips plus the Sega CD's RF channels, although I really only used them for drums. Anyhow, enjoy!
Attachments
Passport (Arrangement).vgz
Chips used: YM2612, SEGA VDP PSG, RF5C164
(95.47 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
  • Jlooky Offline

Post by Jlooky »

Here's an arrangement of the Body Count title theme using the RF5C164 chip. This is my first fully sampled thing I've ever done on Furnace, and it was really fun, especially with taking more advantage of stereo! Originally composed by Steve Collett.
Attachments
Body Count Title Theme (Sega CD Arrangement).vgz
(50.78 KiB) Downloaded 24 times