Skip to content

Gradius AC (Conversion from MGSDRV MML to VGM)

Original compositions, as well as ports and remixes of existing songs, can be posted in this forum, as long as they are in VGM format of course.

Moderator: Staff

• Dario011 Offline

Gradius AC (Conversion from MGSDRV MML to VGM)

Post by Dario011 »

Today I got to see a video on YouTube about the Gradius soundtrack in its version of Bubble System, but made with MGSDRV (a sound driver with the MML system, for MSX), and it sounds almost the same as Arcade (thanks to the fact that that driver allows to use the SCC or K051649), and I got to convert the mml to mgs and be able to convert them to vgm with kss2vgm, and there is a song that I need to trim (more because with vgmlpfnd I could not find anything, and with the loop method manual has given me problems) and it's just that song and it could be in this section of Homebrew here.

The link to the video I saw and was able to get the files: https://youtu.be/bwmXw-jwp3k

The creator of the mml for MGSDRV is parupu, and I only did the conversion to vgm, and the only thing I need is the loop on track 3, and if it's ready, I put the tags and everything to make it look "like if the ripping was official".

NOTE: The song to which I refer I did not put it in the .zip, it is like another file, without trimming, and those that are in the .zip are without tags.
Attachments
03 Beginning of the History (Air Battle).vgm
This is the VGM that has given me trouble in the trimming.
(501.74 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Gradius (BS) MML to VGM (WIP).zip
Old attempt of trimming.
(90.47 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Last edited by Dario011 on 2022-09-12, 1:56:09, edited 1 time in total.
  • Dario011 Offline

Post by Dario011 »

It's been more than a year since I made this post, regarding the song "impossible to make a precise loop", using between Audacity and vgmlpfnd to stupidly small values (in this case it was like this the order in the program: Step Size: 1 / Minimum Number of matching Commands: 8 / Start Position: 0); there I could already find the most precise loop listening to the original soundtrack of the game, by the way I stayed a while looking for some value for the volume of the vgms, because by default it sounds super loud.
Attachments
Nemesis (Bubble System).zip
(94.97 KiB) Downloaded 93 times