Skip to content

Raijin's VGM's

Original compositions, as well as ports and remixes of existing songs, can be posted in this forum, as long as they are in VGM format of course.

Moderator: Staff

• Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

New covers!

Sigma Battle Phase 1, and Intro Stage, both from Megaman X. I am pretty bad with rhythm guitars, but I tried :(

Also, I have been messing around with FM drums a lot, and these tracks both use FM for drums. I think I can still improve the FM drums to sound more realistic in due time :)

Btw, I removed the sections in the first post where I say what samples I use, because I don't really know why I thought it was a good idea to have there. If you prefer them there, I will put them back.
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

The Intro Stage one is pretty rockin', and the Sigma Battle 1 ain't bad either! There's something off w/the Sigma guitar preset, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Don't sweat it, though, as I probably don't have the patience to do it myself. :/

Now for Spark Mandrill!
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Thanks!

I will have to work really hard on certain techniques to make Spark Mandrill sound any good. I will try it at some point, but I doubt anytime soon.

Edit: As of 2/19, I have updated the Intro Stage of Megaman X with a better FM snare and more noticable noise hats.

Edit2: As of 4/26, I got rid of the FM drums for the Intro Stage of Megaman X and replaced them with sampled drums, because I was increasingly dissatisfied with the sound of the FM snare over time, plus small additional volume management.
Last edited by Raijin on 2013-04-27, 7:16:33, edited 2 times in total.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Finally, something new from me! This time I covered Adon's Stage from Street Fighter Alpha.

Edit: As of June 3, I have changed Crystal Snail as I said I would some time ago. I have made it more "traditional" sounding for a Genesis. The Pluck instrument is slightly changed, as is the Bass. The FM Kick/Snare are changed to have more oomph, and they sound more traditional and typical for FM drums now. Lastly, I changed the lead from the awkward sounding Guitar to a nice FM Brass.
Now then, whether it sounds better or worse is another story. I think it sounds slightly better, but I don't know if everyone else will like the changes.
Last edited by Raijin on 2013-06-04, 3:10:10, edited 1 time in total.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Finished up and added a cover of Gravity Beetle's stage from Megaman X3 to the first post.
I feel like I am getting better. I used to have everything way too loud, but now you can really identify every channel. Gotta keep in that direction.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

I added a new cover. Fillmore from Actraiser!
  • Cris Offline

Post by Cris »

Raijin,You can cover Mega Man X Armored Armadillo?
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Cris, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I'm sure eventually I will cover most of the game's music in time.

Also, an update. I've added a cover of Corneria from Star Fox to the first post. No PSG was harmed during the making of this cover.
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

I updated the first post with a new cover.
I decided to cover Stickerbrush Symphony from Donkey Kong Country 2 as a Christmas present to all who appreciate Genesis and FM in general.

Post by Kaminari »

Nice cover, much more faithful than most remixes I've heard on OC and YouTube (except Smooth's of course).
Last edited by Kaminari on 2013-12-26, 23:03:14, edited 2 times in total.
  • RichterEX2 Offline

Post by RichterEX2 »

Hey, don't forget that sweet Arcade-styled cover of Neon Night Riders from TMNT: Turtles in Time. :D
  • Raijin Offline

Post by Raijin »

Sorry, I had completely forgotten about updating this thread. I've been pretty busy in the past months, so I guess it slipped my mind. I have updated the first post with a link to my VGM files instead of cluttering it up with many individual links.

My covers of Blast Hornet and Neon Night Riders have already been added.
Again, sorry about that.
  • Shroomy Offline

Post by Shroomy »

New link(s) to Mediafire - http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0s9voa2u ... Raijin.zip

edit: fixed link -Valley Bell