Skip to content

Project 2612..

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

• dissident93 Offline

Project 2612..

Post by dissident93 »

If it were possible for the admins here to have FTP access for Project2612, would there be interest in reviving it?

I have alot of updates there that should go on the front page, but it's been around a year since an admin has even signed on there.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

To be honest I never visit project2612, so I wouldn't be very interested into taking an active role over it. I'm not saying that I won't help, I always like to help when I can, but I'm sure there are people more motivated than me who would be better suited for this job. Starting from yourself, why not? You're a very helpful member of the vgm community in general, you know how to handle tags and everything, you seem to be trustworthy (even though the first time I saw your email address I thought you were a spambot :ihih:), in short if project2612 will have an poll of some sort to find a new admin I would definitely vote for you. And ValleyBell. He's awesome.
Also known as nineko.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

xD You thought I was a spambot? heh..

Well my email was made on the spot, nothing symbolic behind it. haha

ANYHOO! I think we would need an admin to grant us at least access to upload to the site. Problem is? They are never around. But I'd assume we have ways of contacting them. Valley said something about an admin close to returning, I believe..

and yea, I like to tag. I have a vgm collection of 16,000 songs, and I like to keep them as accurate as possible. but even though i do this, i do not know how to loop them. (i used the project2612 tutorial and got frustrated by it)
and also I often have no clue when it comes to the techibabble that I see in posts here xDD
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

The looping tutorial on project2612 isn't much different from the one on smspower, and it's not hard to follow once you get used to it, just very time consuming. ValleyBell's vgmlpfnd can be a great help.
Also known as nineko.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

huh. well I can always try again!
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Once I get a little more time, I'll ask Dark Pulse about Project2612.
But when I'm looking at the long submission list, I'm sure that won't be during the next two weeks.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

alrighty

Post by Sonic of 8! »

Project2612 was GoDown by GoDaddy (pun). DarkPulse was forgotten to pay the rent for it :(