Skip to content

Introduce yourselves

Say hello to the other forum members :)

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

Post by Oerg866 »

Hi Reverie. Nice to find you here :)
former VGMRips server hoster :)

Server uptime: http://www.mdscene.net/index2.php

Post by Afro Thunder »

Guess I'll jump in the bandwagon.

I'm Afro Thunder. I'm an amateur music producer, rapper, drawer, and an avid fan of VGM. I one day hope to learn how to make VGM myself.
  • Hapi-San Offline

Post by Hapi-San »

Hey, I'm Hapi-San, also known as Cinossu or just Marc on other places. I was invited here by nineko, as I do VGM stuff, although I mostly do mine via the Sonic series' SMPS engines. While this may seem limiting, I find prorgramming support for new things into it such as portamentos, extending the DAC sample support for more samples, etc. enjoyable. I tend to do other music stuff, too, such as general remixing and arranging, and take part in some of the One Hour Compos there are around the 'net.

I program for fun, ranging from C++ and Java, to PHP and other web-based languages, to M68K ASM. Fun times. :U

Video games-wise, I'm a collector. I have enough consoles to line an entire wall (and they do).

Profession-wise, while I'm trained to be an ICT/Computer Science teacher, right now I'm between jobs. Currently applying for a Web Developer, with an interview tomorrow, so I guess we'll see how that goes.

.. I guess that's a lot about me. c_c Probably more, but I hate writing about myself.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Welcome :D
Also known as nineko.
  • Eduardo Knuckles Offline

Let's know who I am...

Post by Eduardo Knuckles »

Hi, folks!
My name is Eduardo Luiz, most known everywhere as 'Eduardo Knuckles'. I'm improving experiences on remixing and composing electronic music, but I still feel like a amateur musician. I'm in the Sonic community since 11 years ago. I'm most known for being the owner of the hack 'Sonic 1 Harder Levels Version' through the 'Sonic Harder Project'.

I like making contributive works to people (even if music-related or not) and I'm currently working on a project that aims to remix the soundtrack of 'Sonic 3 & Knuckles'.

I'm simple as person, but I'm rude and a I am a serious person wich don't like jokes during serious conversations whatever about what I'm talking. I like to be fellow by teach people to start with music and any related stuff. In other words, I'm the kind of people that open myself for contribute on everything I can do for everyone. I don't like hurried people and also I don't like fights. Following these rules you will have a very good friend on me. Otherwise, you'll have absolutely nothing, even I still being a good person to you. This is how I am, and I hope you all to like me.

I came here invited by nineko, wich is a very good person whom I have a very big admiration as musician and like as my friend.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Glad to see you're here, too :D

Just in case anyone doesn't know yet, the nineko mentioned by Marc and Eduardo is still me, I often use that nick on various forums, but I decided to be Tom here as a sort of legacy to smspower, where I'm known in this way. A decade ago I was very concerned about the connection between my real name and my nineko persona, but nowadays I don't really care anymore, I even have a link to my Facebook profile here :P
Also known as nineko.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

Guess I'll join in.

I'm dissident93, and I'm known on YouTube for uploading the bass & percussion (from muted VGM files) videos of the Sonic series, and as a result, increasing the visibility of the VGM format.
I also help out by fixing composer credits, so I would assume that is my specialty? haha
BUT! Of course what I do is nothing akin to the talent level of the hackers/musicians here.

I'm also willing to rip VGM and make complete sets, but I'll admit that I need help with this. I can't seem to loop a vgm file properly. The tutorial on Project2612 doesn't help. : (

So yea! That's me and what I bring to the table. =D
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Welcome :D
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

dissident93 wrote:I also help out by fixing composer credits, so I would assume that is my specialty? haha
BUT! Of course what I do is nothing akin to the talent level of the hackers/musicians here.
That's still a great skill to have, so I decided to create a new usergroup to recognize that.
Welcome aboard, detective dissident93! :magnifying:
Also known as nineko.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

;D
  • tails_ Offline

Post by tails_ »

H-hi there~ I'm tails_ also known on freenode network and some forums as chkktri. Main hobby is collecting any VGM/chip music related stuff. Sometimes (then almost asleep) I also try playing on keyboard but no luck yet (but I'm trying \ _\). Nothing more to tell yet, sorry ;_;
Last edited by tails_ on 2012-03-18, 19:20:10, edited 2 times in total.
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Welcome :)
Also known as nineko.
  • neologix Offline

Post by neologix »

A bit late to the party, but I'm here now! I'm mostly known around these parts as NeoLogiX, tho some places I use apollolux.

I'm an independent, Maxim-approved VGM developer who's responsible for updating VGMTool to 2r6 and have ported the YM2612 and SN76489 to JavaScript! I've also created a JavaScript VGM-to-MIDI converter that for now only works in the Sphere engine, but will become platform-agnostic.
Last edited by neologix on 2012-04-26, 7:47:19, edited 1 time in total.
  • RichterEX2 Offline

Post by RichterEX2 »

I'm RichterEX2, or just Richter X. Been in the emulation community for over 12 years. I used to frequent Zophar's Domain back when it was still thriving. I've been interested in something like this ever since there was talk of an M1 music format. Although that plan fell through, this updated VGM format is the next best thing. That being said, I'll help anyway I can. Just as long as it doesn't involve reading or translating Japanese. I also have no programming or music sequencing skills. Although I am quite handy with GIMP. And I'll also keep ripping VGM sets, as long as it isn't too complex. I am still just a rookie after all. ^^'
  • Tom Offline
  • Ragequit Member
    Ragequit Member

Post by Tom »

Programmers and helpful skilled people are always very welcome here, be proud of the colored stars below your names ;)
Also known as nineko.