Skip to content

Introduce yourselves

Say hello to the other forum members :)

Talk about whatever you want. General forum rules still apply.

Moderator: Staff

• tdh10 Offline

Self introduction

Post by tdh10 »

My name is Lee, I have a big family with six people. I have two sisters and a brother. My sisters are older and my brother is younger than me. My father is a teacher at a secondary school. He has worked for 35 years in the field and he is my biggest role model in life. My mother is a housewife. She is nice and she is really good at cooking. I love my family so much.
  • kingcandy Offline

Post by kingcandy »

my name is Nicholas and I am blind. as such I can't get very far in most games, so I'm probably the last person to ask regarding requests for vgms.

my favorite vgm supported chips are the ym2610, ay8910, sn77496/89, pokey, and VSU vu.
be a hero and stop coppa now!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ
  • cooldog Offline

Post by cooldog »

Hi, I'm cooldog. I'm 25 years old and live in Norway. Since I got my Game Boy Color for christmas as a kid I've been fascinated by video game music. It's such a unique medium for music. It can be appreciated in quite a different way than the traditional recording/performance. The technological limitations back in the 8bit/16bit era gave way to a lot of interesting experimentation and innovations in music that had never been seen before. It's hard to pick a favorite, but the Shovel Knight OST comes to mind - Might try to do something with that .nsf file I got lying around some day.
After downloading dozens of packs I decided I wanted to give something back and tried to rip a couple of my favorite games, and managed to make one nice rip. However, it turned out it had already been submitted only a few days before :lol: (Project S-11). The other game, Microsoft Puzzle Collection for the Game Boy Color, had a problem with the pitch being slightly off, so I decided to scrap it.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone here for building and maintaining this database and website. :beer:

Post by vampirefrog »

tdh10 wrote:My name is Lee, I have a big family with six people. I have two sisters and a brother. My sisters are older and my brother is younger than me. My father is a teacher at a secondary school. He has worked for 35 years in the field and he is my biggest role model in life. My mother is a housewife. She is nice and she is really good at cooking. I love my family so much.
Hi Lee, your family sounds lovely. Welcome to the forum.
kingcandy wrote:my name is Nicholas and I am blind. as such I can't get very far in most games, so I'm probably the last person to ask regarding requests for vgms.

my favorite vgm supported chips are the ym2610, ay8910, sn77496/89, pokey, and VSU vu.
Hi Nicholas, welcome to vgmrips. I hope the site is usable for you. If not, I can add try to improve accessibility. SEE you around lol!
cooldog wrote:Hi, I'm cooldog. I'm 25 years old and live in Norway. Since I got my Game Boy Color for christmas as a kid I've been fascinated by video game music. It's such a unique medium for music. It can be appreciated in quite a different way than the traditional recording/performance. The technological limitations back in the 8bit/16bit era gave way to a lot of interesting experimentation and innovations in music that had never been seen before. It's hard to pick a favorite, but the Shovel Knight OST comes to mind - Might try to do something with that .nsf file I got lying around some day.
After downloading dozens of packs I decided I wanted to give something back and tried to rip a couple of my favorite games, and managed to make one nice rip. However, it turned out it had already been submitted only a few days before :lol: (Project S-11). The other game, Microsoft Puzzle Collection for the Game Boy Color, had a problem with the pitch being slightly off, so I decided to scrap it.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone here for building and maintaining this database and website. :beer:
Welcome cooldog. You're right, having hard limitations really makes competence shine through. If you are having trouble with a rip, feel free to ask for help, that's what the forum and the chat are for. Good luck!
  • Mike77154 Offline

Post by Mike77154 »

Hy my Name is Mike77154 and I am from Mexico, and I am most interested of recreate the nostalgic feeling age of the fighting games of capcom, specially from all the Street Fighter Saga, And I am an indie game developer for hobby, I am music teacher and mainly, midi musical hardware engineer, but I work as a janitor in a hospital for keeping feeding me XD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr6VW1 ... cefMWuGX7g

https://www.deviantart.com/Mike77154