Skip to content

Ripping PMD from PC88 disks

Technical discussion which is not directly related to VGM files. Talk about Hardware and Software.

Moderator: Staff

• tails_ Offline

Ripping PMD from PC88 disks

Post by tails_ »

Hey, I just noticed that it's pretty easy to find PMD data in M88's RAM viewer :P So now I have a couple of questions for those familiar with japanese computers:

1. Is there a way to extract content from PC88 floppies? Especially those with moved filetable
2. Is there a way to dump YM2608 RAM in M88 or other PC88 emulator? I know it's possible to record s98, find ADPCM register writes, strip commands and leave data but that's frustrating :U
3. How can I attach ADPCM to PMD?

P.S. Tokugawa corp forums are more appropriate place for this but I cant register account there so, Knurek, if you read this may I ask you to repost this post there?
  • snakemeat Offline

Re: Ripping PMD from PC88 disks

Post by snakemeat »

tails_ wrote:Hey, I just noticed that it's pretty easy to find PMD data in M88's RAM viewer :P So now I have a couple of questions for those familiar with japanese computers:

1. Is there a way to extract content from PC88 floppies? Especially those with moved filetable
2. Is there a way to dump YM2608 RAM in M88 or other PC88 emulator? I know it's possible to record s98, find ADPCM register writes, strip commands and leave data but that's frustrating :U
3. How can I attach ADPCM to PMD?

P.S. Tokugawa corp forums are more appropriate place for this but I cant register account there so, Knurek, if you read this may I ask you to repost this post there?
d88edj can extract data from floppies if I am not mistaken. I'll check my tools at home, but I also recall there being a command line tool (maybe the same one) that will let you extract data by sector of the disk. This is helpful for when the file table is not standard. I used it to extract the PCM data from some music disks for Hoot.

Disk Explorer may help too.
Last edited by snakemeat on 2012-10-09, 23:56:07, edited 1 time in total.
  • tails_ Offline

Post by tails_ »

Oh, thanks. I definitely remember there was command line tool for extracting data too, but i lost it :v