SystemHang-On
Sound ChipsYM2203, SegaPCM
Tracks7
Playing time13:10
Pack authorRN22
Pack version1.00
Last Update2023-03-31

Pack author's comment
Another arcade game by Sega, but on a YM2203 chip.

I've noticed that there's a hidden unknown BGM that was absent in the YM2151 version, and cannot found at the sound test (diagnostics test).

This game IIRC, was also using the Hang-On hardware, similar to Space Harrier that uses YM2203 and SegaPCM as their soundchip.
  • andlabs Offline

Post by andlabs »

Apology NOT accepted.

You should have asked me. Either of you. I was in the chat this whole time, freely available to ask. If I had noticed the thread in the chat, which I missed because I wasn't hyper-attentive to the new threads on this forum, then I would have shut it down sooner.

Plus, I've also always made sure to ensure that people are okay with other people editing their packs. I did that with the Ghostlop pack (though that was partially because Scooblee's an acquaintance and my friends are their friends) and I did that with LAC's packs (especially after The789Guy made that one post while VB was on vacation which I should have suspended them for on the spot; that was where they told me they wanted their username changed, which I honored in these new uploads and will honor going forward). I am a bit concerned I've overlooked a few cases this time around.

Also, a) I was waiting for a vgmtools fix that was blocking me the first time, and b) I was going to update the YM2151 version as well, since it had several problems.

That being said, I know I have not updated the Mega Drive packs in a timely manner. In addition to my day job, I have 3 hours of commutes per day, and I don't live alone, so I rarely have quiet time. I also have a whole bunch of commitments to juggle outside of work as well, including to the people I live with. I really only have one free day, maybe two, per week to listen to packs, and each pack requires at least an hour of effort to review, since I'm looking for ripping and looping errors, assuming I don't have my other commitments to juggle. So yes, the updates slipped.

I now understand, however, that I need to make this site my primary commitment, especially since the goal now seems to be to get packs on the site as quickly as possible. Maybe my review method is too slow for that, I don't know. Whatever the case, I apologize for delaying this most recent update, and will proceed to clear out the updates thread in the coming weeks, one week's worth of updates at a time. Lesson learned.

Post by Mao (RN22) »

andlabs wrote:Apology NOT accepted.

You should have asked me. Either of you. I was in the chat this whole time, freely available to ask. If I had noticed the thread in the chat, which I missed because I wasn't hyper-attentive to the new threads on this forum, then I would have shut it down sooner.

Plus, I've also always made sure to ensure that people are okay with other people editing their packs. I did that with the Ghostlop pack (though that was partially because Scooblee's an acquaintance and my friends are their friends) and I did that with LAC's packs (especially after The789Guy made that one post while VB was on vacation which I should have suspended them for on the spot; that was where they told me they wanted their username changed, which I honored in these new uploads and will honor going forward). I am a bit concerned I've overlooked a few cases this time around.

Also, a) I was waiting for a vgmtools fix that was blocking me the first time, and b) I was going to update the YM2151 version as well, since it had several problems.

That being said, I know I have not updated the Mega Drive packs in a timely manner. In addition to my day job, I have 3 hours of commutes per day, and I don't live alone, so I rarely have quiet time. I also have a whole bunch of commitments to juggle outside of work as well, including to the people I live with. I really only have one free day, maybe two, per week to listen to packs, and each pack requires at least an hour of effort to review, since I'm looking for ripping and looping errors, assuming I don't have my other commitments to juggle. So yes, the updates slipped.

I now understand, however, that I need to make this site my primary commitment, especially since the goal now seems to be to get packs on the site as quickly as possible. Maybe my review method is too slow for that, I don't know. Whatever the case, I apologize for delaying this most recent update, and will proceed to clear out the updates thread in the coming weeks, one week's worth of updates at a time. Lesson learned.
Hey, I did ask you if i wanted to rip this thing thru IRC, but you didn't respond. O my *ugh!
To-Do list:
?

Current Status: I could only upload 5 VGM packs per VB's stream.
Tempo: 105.95%
Pitch: +1.00

Better Call Mao!

Please, check my WIP list for more updates.
  • The789Guy Offline

Post by The789Guy »

I was going to update the YM2151 version as well, since it had several problems.

Well, BoxCubed took care of that one. You can see his update on the pack update topic.
I'm just your average joe who basically contributes random crap to the site. I mainly rip soundtracks by Western composers because they don't get as much love.

Post by Mao (RN22) »

jä, i know. he's gonna make the update on that ym2151 one.
To-Do list:
?

Current Status: I could only upload 5 VGM packs per VB's stream.
Tempo: 105.95%
Pitch: +1.00

Better Call Mao!

Please, check my WIP list for more updates.
  • The789Guy Offline

Post by The789Guy »

I was talking to andlabs, but thanks for responding, rn22.
I'm just your average joe who basically contributes random crap to the site. I mainly rip soundtracks by Western composers because they don't get as much love.