ComposerJun Chikuma, Toshiaki Takimoto
SystemTurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine
Tracks14
Playing time17:42
Pack authorsherpa
Pack version1.00
Last Update2015-01-13

Pack author's comment
One of the more memorable games for the Tg-16. Great Music. One of the composers had a short stint composing music for games, then went to study and play the ney flute in Turkey. She's still there.

Post by Kaminari »

Welcome and nice pack :)

Jun Chikuma composed VGMs at Hudson for a dozen years, not exactly a short stint!
  • sherpa Offline

Post by sherpa »

Hey Kaminari,

You're right! I was not familiar with her at all. But this is one of my favorite legacy soundtracks. It sounds so different from lots of other music I've heard through the years, and definitely stood out at the time. Lots of sources seem to differentiate between her and her aliases. Interesting, I could not find her on vgmdb.net. So I looked elsewhere.

I read she left in 1992 to study, and other sources said she did not produce for long, whcih I thought a shame. Though it seems she's enjoyed her musical career. I see she still releases vgm works until recently.

You titled several of the soundtrack sets I like. Thank you. Where do you look up your info?

Post by Kaminari »

In case of PCE games, which I'm most familiar with, I usually rely on end credits or even game manuals.

For further details, I often consult the following resources: Game Music Composer Memo, Project Egg Music, Game Developer Research Institute and of course VGMdb if original soundtracks are available. The M1 playlists can also be informative in case of arcade conversions.

2ch-H is much more knowledgeable than me, and I sometimes modify my HES playlists with new information taken from his VGM packs :banana:
  • sherpa Offline

Post by sherpa »

Thanks for the info! Good stuff.
  • kokujin Offline

Post by kokujin »

Didn't know she did this soundtrack, thanks for the rip.