Sound ChipsC219
Tracks24
Playing time55:17
Pack authorctr
Pack version1.00
Last Update2015-10-29

• blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Hah, that really does sound different. Little chance of replacing the mp3s with this set, though it is kind of novel in its own way.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

updated the pack, please redownload (same link).

I byte-swapped the samples, now they sound like how they were supposed to.
  • blitzlunar Offline

Post by blitzlunar »

Much better, thanks a lot!
  • JudgeIto Offline

Post by JudgeIto »

In the current published pack, track 17 "American Mind (Vincent's Ending)" 2:18 in length is either a bad dump or an unused alternate (tempo too fast compared to OST).
Track 19 "Against the Groove (Darrell's Ending)" 2:32 in length is actually the correct "American Mind" (tempo matches OST release).

The actual "Against the Groove" is nowhere to be found. Please let me know if you need to hear the original Namco Game Sound Express album track for reference.

Thanks in advance!
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

"Against the Groove" on the OST is a remix that is not to be found on the PCB. The only difference between "Against the Groove" and "American Mind" on the PCB is that "Against the Groove" has a slightly longer intro. The tempo is the same.

If you can prove through in game footage that I mixed them up, I'll reconsider, but I doubt it since I ordered them in the same order the game uses for the IDs, which otherwise matches the OST.

Here's footage of Vincent's ending I found, starting around the point where the two songs start to diverge. (around 0:45) Disregard the slow tempo, probably an emulation issue here, the second part is supposed to cue together with the credits.
  • JudgeIto Offline

Post by JudgeIto »

For reference, here's the first 90 sec. of the OST's "Against the Groove". I'll take your word for it that it's not present on the PCB, and it seems that would be a good value-add compromise to avoid having two almost indistinguishable songs on the album release.

Here's an ending collection video. Vincent's is first and Darrell's is at 3:19. So no, you did not mix them up; and before this reply I did not know they were practically the same.

Still, here's an image showing that what you and the PCB call "Against the Groove" is "American Mind" on the OST release. The back half of the songs are the same tempo, but the intro on "American Mind.vgz" (barring two slight notational differences) is time-compressed compared to the others.

Enlightening! Thanks anyways.