ComposerTakayuki Ishikawa, Takayuki Aihara
SystemNamco NB-1
Sound ChipsC352
Tracks21
Playing time30:47
Pack authorSonic of 8!
Pack version1.00
Last Update2020-07-23

Last edited by Sonic of 8! on 2020-05-07, 6:31:28, edited 1 time in total.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

I think the Japanese and US versions should be split into two different packs. At the very least there should be a playlist file only containing songs from each version. Another nitpick is that I prefer that the "looping" versions of each song be put after all the other songs in the track order, like in our other packs.

Another issue is that it appears like the pack was logged with QuattroPlay. Pack submissions should be done using MAME only.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

ctr wrote:I think the Japanese and US versions should be split into two different packs. At the very least there should be a playlist file only containing songs from each version.
My initial idea was even to do GS US + GS JP + GS 94 in one pack, but that would be a big mess.
ctr wrote:Another nitpick is that I prefer that the "looping" versions of each song be put after all the other songs in the track order, like in our other packs.
I can change the order if you want, as these looped versions are not official (neither from the ROM or from the OST).
ctr wrote:Another issue is that it appears like the pack was logged with QuattroPlay. Pack submissions should be done using MAME only.
My hardware setup doesn't ran NB-1 (and in case of SWS 98, System 12) games very well, even in fast-forward / frame skipping. So, feel free to delete this topic (and the other 3 Famista games) as well, if they can be rejected.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

The issue isn't really with QuattroPlay, it's that vgmrips only allows logs made with an emulator. So direct conversions or sound driver ports/reimplementations aren't allowed.

I attach some logging scripts (for NB-2 and System12 - I did not have a script for NB-1 so some changes might be needed) for MAME that you can use. Even if the game runs slowly, you can just run the scripts while you're not using your PC and after a while you will have VGMs. Just edit the "call:logvgm" lines to match the game's sound IDs.

If you saved the trim points for each VGM, you might be able to reuse them by adding an offset.
Attachments
logging scripts.zip
(1.23 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

Post by Sonic of 8! »

ctr wrote:I attach some logging scripts (for NB-2 and System12 - I did not have a script for NB-1 so some changes might be needed) for MAME that you can use.
I tested your scripts. It works flawlessly with the GS US, but with GS JP, GS 94 and SWS 95, it give a ~11 sec silence each time it changes to log another VGM file (they don't freeze at the Self Test screen, but rather in the Notice screen, due to both games being sold only in Japan). SWS98 plays the musics for a while but the game don't freeze in the "color bar" screen (it boots straight up the game).
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

The system12 logging script needed some edits for sws98. It seems like the MCU reboots the maincpu at least once after boot.

Replace all the "echo" lines following

Code: Select all

:logvgm
set "bajs=%~2"
with the following:

Code: Select all

echo focus maincpu > gpr.txt
echo gtime #2000 >> gpr.txt
echo d@80000000=08000000;pc=80000000 >> gpr.txt
echo focus sub >> gpr.txt
echo w@80100=40%~1 >> gpr.txt
echo gtime #%bajs%000 >> gpr.txt
echo quit>>gpr.txt
There should be a 2sec delay now before playing any songs.

On NB-1/NB-2 the situation is the complete opposite, the main CPU will decide when the MCU (that handles sound) will boot. The script simply waits until the maincpu boots the MCU. That's why the delay time varies between games.

Post by Sonic of 8! »

Pack updated. Now it was entirely redone in MAME 0.200 and features tracks from the American version only. Tracks with custom loops are now at the end (starting from track 18). A separate topic will be created for the earlier Japanese version later. In order of difficulty, their re-logging will be in this order: GS JP > SWS 98 > GS 94 > SWS 95.

But for now, please re-download.
オモいカルチャーをオモチャーと言う - 細野晴臣