Skip to content

To All VGM WIP Submitters

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

To All VGM WIP Submitters

Post by JFD62780 »

Okay, I just upgraded from Windows XP to 7, and I have a suggestion:

Please stop using MediaFire - it's not working for me anymore. As in when I try to click the green button... nothing happens. Period. No bytes try to download. I tried on Firefox, Chrome, even IE... x.x

I'm missing a future Neo-Geo release to be because of this.
Until next post...

Post by GTheGuardian »

Weird... I have no trouble Downloading from MF. (Used both IE10 and FF)
I guess I will have to use Dropbox then.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I never had any problems with Mediafire, be it in Windows XP or 7.
If I click the green button, it says "Download is starting ..." and then it asks me to save the file 1-2 seconds later.

If you still have problems with Mediafire, I recommend JDownloader. This is also what I use to mass-download a batch of submissions.

EDIT: I use Firefox with a few add ons like NoScript. You definitely need to allow JavaScript from mediafire and googleapis, but it seems to work without having to enable cookies.
  • dissident93 Offline

Post by dissident93 »

Mediafire in general has gone to crap ever since Megaupload was shut down. Dropbox is the best way to host a file until it's submitted to the site, IMO.

Post by JFD62780 »

Yeah, and besides, I tried JDownloader as you requested: Let's just say it only made me end up with an aftertaste of spyware for some weird reason. Thank Google THAT was easy to clean up. THAT time.

Forgive me for the not-so-good tone of that last paragraph, but I just installed a new OS less than a week ago and I intend for it to NOT go to crap... :wink:
Until next post...
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Let me guess ... you installed all toolbars that come with Java and JDownloader because you pressed the "Next" button without actually looking at the stuff it shows you.
Both, Java and JDownloader, allow you to skip the installation of the adware, so I can't help you if are not careful. (You should always choose "custom installation".)

Also, IMO Mediafire is pretty fast compared to about every other file sharing site I know. (Dropbox is a cloud service, that's another category.)
I will accept any submission as long as you don't need to create an account just to download that file. (Thanks to cris I even found a site that allows me to download from 4shared.com.)

Post by JFD62780 »

ValleyBell wrote:Let me guess ... you installed all toolbars that come with Java and JDownloader because you pressed the "Next" button without actually looking at the stuff it shows you.
Both, Java and JDownloader, allow you to skip the installation of the adware, so I can't help you if are not careful. (You should always choose "custom installation".)
I chose Custom Installation, it's just there was something out there more stubborn than I, but I took care of that! :P
Until next post...