Skip to content

Problems downloading VGMRips full download packs

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• mialesnet Offline

ile cannot be downloaded - VGMRips_all_of_them_2022-10-07.zi

Post by mialesnet »

File cannot be downloaded in full - browser says error - File is incomplete (VGMRips_all_of_them_2022-10-07.zip) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :P :P :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash: :bash:
  • mialesnet Offline

Problems downloading VGMRips full download packs

Post by mialesnet »

There's something wrong. The complete archive cannot be downloaded even in the downloader manager. It still says error - file is incomplete. :beer: :bash: :fly: :drool: :devious: :roll: :lol:
  • Dekyo-NO Offline

Post by Dekyo-NO »

I managed to download it using Aria2 with the max-tries option set to unlimited (-m 0) and worked.

Post by vampirefrog »

mialesnet wrote:There's something wrong. The complete archive cannot be downloaded even in the downloader manager. It still says error - file is incomplete. :beer: :bash: :fly: :drool: :devious: :roll: :lol:
I tried downloading it and it looks fine to me, dude. Try a different download manager, check if you have disk space, and try a different archiver, like 7zip or winrar or something.

Post by donluca »

Maybe adding the CRC32 or SHA-1 hash in the download info could help identifying corrupted downloads?

Sometimes the downloaded file is fine, it's just the unarchiver's fault.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

I actually get reports about the connecting breaking on IRC every now and then.
tails_ gave a few additional details about it:

Code: Select all

2022-10-08 08:00:18     tails_  2022-10-08 15:00:03 (1.91 MB/s) - Read error at byte 27344615/183169830 (The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.). Retrying.
2022-10-08 08:00:37     tails_  this is rather peculiar error message
It only happens with larger files and I never had the problem myself, so maybe it depends on where you live.

I also split the problem reporting posts into a separate topic.