Skip to content

Overhauling the packs data

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

Overhauling the packs data

Post by vampirefrog »

Hey guys. I'd like to have proper release data for the games, and external links for each game. This data will be used in the new site.

In order to get this data, I'll require your help!

I'll create a simple interface (similar to the one I made for project2612), which will allow you to search for matches in other databases, and also to fetch the release data from as many sources as possible, leaving you to either choose one of the sources as correct, or input the data yourself.

I'll post a link when it's ready, but in the meanwhile, since we're going through each and every pack anyway, how about coming up with ideas as to what else to check for?

Thanks.

Post by vampirefrog »

Alright, there's a way to add release data (ie when a game was released, in which territory and by whom), and I'm going to need people to volunteer, so I can give them access to the feature. Thanks!

Post by Kaminari »

I can help filling some data for a couple of platforms I'm familiar with, like the PC Engine and the Spectrum.

Post by vampirefrog »

Thanks! You should now see some extra stuff at the bottom of every pack page.

Post by vampirefrog »

Actually hold on. You can play with them if you want, but I'm going to redo the releases UI.

Here's a screenshot for the curious:
releases1.jpg

Post by vampirefrog »

Ok, here's the new version, feel free to play with it and report any bugs you find.

I've also added an 'Auto' button which tries to detect release data, but that works only some of the time.

Here are screenshots of the current version, for the curious:

Post by vampirefrog »

I've added permissions for the whole 'Contributors' group, so more people should be able to edit the releases.

Post by Kaminari »

On Google Chrome, the buttons "Edit Details" and "Auto Fill" are not displayed correctly (they're kind of half-hidden behind the buttons "Delete" and "Add Release" respectively).

Post by vampirefrog »

hm have you tried a hard refresh? Ctrl+F5

If not, please screenshot. thx

Post by vampirefrog »

ok, the same thing happened to me on another computer. a hard refresh fixed it. it's the icon font that has two new icons.

Post by Kaminari »

All good! Thanks.