Skip to content

How do you use VGMdb?

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

How do you use VGMdb?

Post by vampirefrog »

Hey guys, I noticed a lot of packs have soundtrack titles in their description, and a lot of the track names are taken from soundtracks.

I'm trying to figure out how you guys use VGMdb, so I can, perhaps, add some functionality that links to it more properly.

Do you just search for the game name and then pick a soundtrack from the search results? Is there another way? Iunno. You tell me aight?

Peace

• drdevil Offline

Post by drdevil »

vampirefrog wrote:Do you just search for the game name and then pick a soundtrack from the search results?
Yep.
I'm HarmoDevil. Formerly Dr Devil, but I still use the drdevil username here.

Check out my Soundcloud.

I might get back to VGM ripping someday.
  • crumby Offline

Post by crumby »

A suggestion about vgmdb. What about a section (in side column) with info like :

An official(s) soundtrack(s) exists for this game : "Name of the album - CATNUM" with a link to vgmdb ?

Or something like that.
  • ctr Offline

Post by ctr »

I think that line is too verbose, I usually just include the "OST: <name> (<catalog number>)". Usually the catalog number should be enough for a script to extract and search. Keep in mind that VGM pack descriptions generally have a 48 character width restriction.

also, since the thread was pointlessly bumped: VGMdb sometimes (but not always) link games and series to OST releases, for example series and individual games.