Skip to content

Search function on the main site not working properly

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

Search function on the main site not working properly

Post by Neomysterion »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this in, but I wanted to report something with the main VGMRips site.

The search function on the main site was working earlier yesterday, but stopped working some point in the afternoon or evening of that day. I always keep getting "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)" and "Query failed." every time I search something on the main site, I'm not sure if this has to do with the numerous server moves that have been going on as of late. If this can be looked at and fixed, that be great.

Thanks for reading this if you're able to help out.

Post by vampirefrog »

hey dude, thanks for reporting. it indeed has to do with the server moving recently, I'll fix it when I get a chance.

Post by vampirefrog »

aight fixed

Post by 1983parrothead »

Downloaded. Zip files stay corrupted strangely.

Post by vampirefrog »

please give an example of a corrupted download

Post by 1983parrothead »

Plenty of them. Perhaps the Neo-Geo ones suffered the most.

Post by Kaminari »

I'm not sure "corrupted" is the right word. Some packs are simply missing, or the download links are not valid anymore, like The King of Fighters '94.

Error message: "Not Found: NeoGeo/The_King_of_Fighters_\'94_(Neo_Geo).zip"

Might be a problem with the the apostrophe character.
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

If the question is
vampirefrog wrote:please give an example
Then the answer
1983parrothead wrote:Plenty of them.
wields no useful information. (It's like "Give me a number between 1 and 10." and you say "There are many numbers in that range.")

Looking at the error message, it seems to try escaping the apostrophe in the file name, which doesn't work obviously.

Post by vampirefrog »

I think I've fixed it. Stupid PHP adding backslashes automatically. So dumb.

It was due to downgrading to php 5.3.0, with magic_quotes_gpc enabled by default.

Post by Kaminari »

Searching for "pokemon" or "pokémon" on the website doesn't return any result.

(I was looking manually for Pokemon Card GB.)

Post by vampirefrog »

fixed Astérix and Pokémon stuff

Also can search by composer now.

Post by Neomysterion »

I'd like to report a search function issue again. I've been getting "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)" every time I searched up stuff on the main site this morning. If this issue can be resolved just like last time, that'd be great.

Post by vampirefrog »

fixed