Skip to content

Project2612 Forum Problem

If you're experiencing problems with the website (packs pages/forum/wiki) or you would like to suggest something, you can post here.

Moderator: Staff

• Raijin Offline

Project2612 Forum Problem

Post by Raijin »

I can't seem to create an account on the PJ2612 Forum. After creating the account, it won't send the confirmation email. I was going to report in this thread here about a few erroneous rips I have found, just to make people aware. http://project2612.org/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3011
Sorry about posting here about this, but can anyone help me out with that somehow?
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

Contact me via PM (forum or preferably IRC) and I'll fix your account.

Post by JFD62780 »

Okay, for a bit of backstory, yes there are still occasional spambot posts threading their way through those microscopically tiny security holes, still left in the PJ2612 Website, even AFTER DarkPulse made registration admin-approval-required.

I should know; I cleaned up a few... damn 'Search Engine Optimization'... *grumbles*
Until next post...
  • ValleyBell Offline

Post by ValleyBell »

*right now* the forum is set to let all users in that get through mail validation.
That's because admin-approval wasn't working well (hundreds of spam accounts each day, only 1 or 2 people doing approval at all) and it seemed to be very confusing to users that wanted to register.
The spambot flood got better after changing the captcha system to ... whatever it is now, so I changed the validation system back to use mails for less confusion.

These days there are about 2-5 spambots per week, I think. I regularly kill any bots that post weird stuff. (I quickly look at P2612 about once a day.)